• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

GT decided that a $10 million guarantee was worth it to play UGA at Mercedes-Benz instead of at Bobby Dodd in 2025, the first time in over 100 yrs that it’s not being played at either campus! Keep in mind that more than likely UGA will get more in the stands than GT…perhaps ~45K vs ~25K. But OTOH, GT would normally only get $2 million rev at Bobby Dodd. So, they decided extra $8 million worth it. Plus GT has 6 yr contract requiring them to play a game/yr through 2026 there.

Opinions? Good or bad move by GT?
Take the money and run

GT decided that a $10 million guarantee was worth it to play UGA at Mercedes-Benz instead of at Bobby Dodd in 2025, the first time in over 100 yrs that it’s not being played at either campus! Keep in mind that more than likely UGA will get more in the stands than GT…perhaps ~45K vs ~25K. But OTOH, GT would normally only get $2 million rev at Bobby Dodd. So, they decided extra $8 million worth it. Plus GT has 6 yr contract requiring them to play a game/yr through 2026 there.

Opinions? Good or bad move by GT?

It’s gonna lose some flavor, I would assume, not being on campus. Neutral venues are meh

UGA normally buys out a chunk of the stadium anyways and trashes the campus. I’m fine with it for one year but not often.
I guess there's less of a chance one of their players somehow finding themselves behind the wheel and mowing through campus at 900 mph.

Last edited:
Back