• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Welp shouldn't have been positive about Spencer Strider when I last came in here, because he's likely (99%) down for the season.

But how 'bout that offense...

Well, Purdue throttled NC St all game.....like predicted, and Alabama got a pretty raw deal on the refs dictating the game (allowing Uconn to play tough down low but calling tic tac fouls on Bama when they did the same), although Uconn still would have probably won it due to us getting cold in the 2nd half. We were there the whole game until the final 2 minutes, which is all you can ask. Clearly the best 2 teams in the tournament just played for the title, it was just 1 game early. Congrats to Uconn on the win, now here's to pulling for the underdog.....Go Purdue!

FYI.....dunk of the year Nelson over Clingan......with the "and 1" that wasn't called (UNREAL)

Well, Purdue throttled NC St all game.....like predicted, and Alabama got a pretty raw deal on the refs dictating the game (allowing Uconn to play tough down low but calling tic tac fouls on Bama when they did the same), although Uconn still would have probably won it due to us getting cold in the 2nd half. We were there the whole game until the final 2 minutes, which is all you can ask. Clearly the best 2 teams in the tournament just played for the title, it was just 1 game early. Congrats to Uconn on the win, now here's to pulling for the underdog.....Go Purdue!

FYI.....dunk of the year Nelson over Clingan......with the "and 1" that wasn't called (UNREAL)
Lol troll much?

I'm not sure if Alabama is one of the two best teams. Purdue is an awfully good team.

DA RAYUFFS.
Didn't know you were a UConn fan. Maybe you missed the part where I said UConn probably still wins the game. Or maybe you just don't know a lot about basketball and how your "rayuffs", as you say in the mid Atlantic, can dictate how teams can/can't play their style. Sure wish they would have let Alabama bang around down low like they did UConn....that's all anyone could ask for.

I'm not sure if Alabama is one of the two best teams. Purdue is an awfully good team.
Oh they definitely are good, but Alabama's style would have been very hard for them to match.....just like it will be hard for them to match UConn. Both UConn and Alabama can run the floor relentlessly, UConn will beat you with their pace of the big men, Alabama will beat you with the pace and transition 3's. Purdue will be able to matchup better down low if they can keep UConn from going tempo, but I don't see it happening unless Purdue is hot from 3.....should be another fun one to watch. Pulling for Purdue so I can win my 89 team work bracket....we shall see.

I just love the fact that Alabama is now cemented as an Everything School and it makes 95% of the country sick..... 🤣

Didn't know you were a UConn fan. Maybe you missed the part where I said UConn probably still wins the game. Or maybe you just don't know a lot about basketball and how your "rayuffs", as you say in the mid Atlantic, can dictate how teams can/can't play their style. Sure wish they would have let Alabama bang around down low like they did UConn....that's all anyone could ask for.
I'm just happy Alabama beat unc. That said college basketball isn't officiated objectively and it hasn't been for a long time. I could talk about how edey wasn't officiated the way states bigs were in our game but it doesn't change the fact that we committed dumb fouls, missed open shots and the moment seemed to big for us. Better hope ol nate doesn't run to Kentucky but with how much money the sec gets from their TV deals and how much booster money bama gets im sure you guys will get a good one if he did

I'm just happy Alabama beat unc. That said college basketball isn't officiated objectively and it hasn't been for a long time. I could talk about how edey wasn't officiated the way states bigs were in our game but it doesn't change the fact that we committed dumb fouls, missed open shots and the moment seemed to big for us. Better hope ol nate doesn't run to Kentucky but with how much money the sec gets from their TV deals and how much booster money bama gets im sure you guys will get a good one if he did
You are correct, the officiating is never consistent. It will always favor one style of play or another....unfortunately for the SEC, it didn't favor our leagues style the whole tournament. Once you are left guessing at how the officiating is going to be, rather than a tone being set early and stuck with, your rhythm is gone. It seemed that Alabama was guessing at how they were going to be allowed to play since the opening round (as were other SEC schools). Bama/UNC was as about consistent of an officiated game as I saw us play in the tournament.

Yes, NC State really had a smooth road to get to where they were since they were allowed to play their game. The pressure got to them pretty bad, and that will break any team who is somewhere they really shouldn't be (on paper) over time. Think about it....this run for them started almost a month ago.....the fact they held on to it for that long is quite surprising.

Kentucky has been on the brink of being a dumpster fire for quite a long time. Alabama has him locked up pretty good with an 18M buyout....not that Kentucky couldn't do it, but Alabama would just up it with a new contract. Kentucky heading down, Alabama heading up....there is no reason for him to leave.

My take on the tournament overall is that if you were a team who banged down low all season, and that was your thing, you were allowed to do it. If you were a team that had to adjust to that style, or needed to make that adjustment, you weren't going to get the same calls as a team who has done it all year.

Can't tell if there is sarcasm here or not, on the surface it seems you need some better posting manners. Now that I think of it, it was stuff like this that got the politics thread shut down. Good job
Absolute zero sarcasm, and I can't see where there could be any misconception that there was. What got the political thread shut down was people who would throw stones and then hide behind moderators. Not the mention that the only opinions allowed on this board are ones from the east coast....just saying

You are correct, the officiating is never consistent. It will always favor one style of play or another....unfortunately for the SEC, it didn't favor our leagues style the whole tournament. Once you are left guessing at how the officiating is going to be, rather than a tone being set early and stuck with, your rhythm is gone. It seemed that Alabama was guessing at how they were going to be allowed to play since the opening round (as were other SEC schools). Bama/UNC was as about consistent of an officiated game as I saw us play in the tournament.

Yes, NC State really had a smooth road to get to where they were since they were allowed to play their game. The pressure got to them pretty bad, and that will break any team who is somewhere they really shouldn't be (on paper) over time. Think about it....this run for them started almost a month ago.....the fact they held on to it for that long is quite surprising.

Kentucky has been on the brink of being a dumpster fire for quite a long time. Alabama has him locked up pretty good with an 18M buyout....not that Kentucky couldn't do it, but Alabama would just up it with a new contract. Kentucky heading down, Alabama heading up....there is no reason for him to leave.

My take on the tournament overall is that if you were a team who banged down low all season, and that was your thing, you were allowed to do it. If you were a team that had to adjust to that style, or needed to make that adjustment, you weren't going to get the same calls as a team who has done it all year.
The last paragraph is my frustration with the whole thing. I believe it's part of the reason duke has been put out the last few seasons in the nccaat. Their style of play doesn't match what most other conferences do and when they play someone that beats and bangs and it's allowed they fold

Absolute zero sarcasm, and I can't see where there could be any misconception that there was. What got the political thread shut down was people who would throw stones and then hide behind moderators. Not the mention that the only opinions allowed on this board are ones from the east coast....just saying
Woh is me much?

Premature … you have to win the thing to be in the conversation… basketball and football are very different . Good luck keeping that momentum in basketball
So Gonzaga isn't a basketball school, got it!

Reactions: SD
So Gonzaga isn't a basketball school, got it!
What is this your first final four appearance? Lol, come back year after year like Gonzaga then come and talk

If Alabama has a horrible football season is it no longer a football school? I’ll give you basketball school if you agree that one horrible football season means Alabama is no longer a football school

Last edited:
Premature … you have to win the thing to be in the conversation… basketball and football are very different . Good luck keeping that momentum in basketball
What is this your first final four appearance? Lol, come back year after year like Gonzaga then come and talk

If Alabama has a horrible football season is it no longer a football school? I’ll give you basketball school if you agree that one horrible football season means Alabama is no longer a football school
So lets get your argument(s) down, then we can all laugh at your logic....

Your quote "You have to win the thing to be in the conversation"......so that leaves Gonzaga out

Yet you want to leave Gonzaga in though because they keep coming back (back to what?)

Alabama has been in the Sweet 16 (the top 16 teams in the country) for 3 of the last 4 years (they keep coming back) but you want to leave them out...... 🤣 .......Either you have to win it all to be relevant or you don't....you cant have it both ways, not here anyways.

Now you move to football and say that 1 bad year means you are no longer relevant.....im sorry, WHAT!?!?!? You are literally arguing with your own logic.

Let me make it very simple for you....Alabama is a football, baseball, and now basketball school (you could include softball, gymnastics, etc. if you really wanted to get technical). Gonzaga, even though they have never won it all, is a top tier college basketball school. Your logic, if someone wants to give you credit for having any, is flawed at best, and laughable almost always.

Back