• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Space Weather

Spicey

1188b6db4a2fa1047df342448b2f2d1b.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Might be more intense here than this spring. Interesting that it looks different to me - the spring was more purple here, while this looks more red. I was so disappointed cuz I didn’t see much of anything while I was out earlier this evening. But went out 90 minutes later and wow! So amazing to see this twice within six months here in north Georgia!
IMG_3516.jpeg

Too much light pollution, a half moon, and a storm that wasn't quite strong enough led to a miss for aurora in N Alabama last night. I know some saw it around here and I'm happy for them, but this wasn't quite the beast we saw in May.

Too much light pollution, a half moon, and a storm that wasn't quite strong enough led to a miss for aurora in N Alabama last night. I know some saw it around here and I'm happy for them, but this wasn't quite the beast we saw in May.
I couldn't see it with the naked eye until the moon was shielded by trees. One other cool thing was I heard a Northern Saw Whet Owl last night while out taking pictures. I've never heard one this early.

Back