• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Solar Eclipse Forecast

c667c9200c4d4386c7ba0abcadd82504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get this picture from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did notice that i started hearing the bugs that usually come out late in the evening and also the skeeters became really mean and vicious and started attacking me.

Went to Gorges State Park for the event. We had a thunderstorm and rain during totality. Missed seeing the eclipse, but man was it dark!

Did not notice the bugs where I was but all the geese got up at once on the lake to go feed.

Was on James Island in SC. Clouds let up enough for us to see totality but couldn't see any corona...just darkness. I'm really happy we got anything at all considering when things got started there was so much cloud cover I couldn't even tell where the sun was let alone see any part of the eclipse. Traffic was the big story of the day, took just over 5 hours to drive back to Charlotte (usually about 3 1/2)

Mine aren't as impressive as Storm5's, but I took most of them myself :p The one with the sun's corona was taken by Jeff Adkins in Kuttawa, KY (not far from my location). He had all the right equipment to capture the eerie blue corona, which I witnessed and will never forget! My shots of the totally eclipsed sun all look like moon photos, so I won't bore you. The 4 photos with people include my 86 year old mom, my sister and brother-in-law. The light changed from bright sunlight to darkness in a matter of less than 10 seconds as the last sliver of sunlight was obscured by the moon. The last pic is after the second diamond ring after totality, and shows images of the eclipse shining through leaves of a tall tree onto my car.

Last edited:
Back