• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

All of this is confusing. So the strongest winds will be on the east side and heaviest rain on the west side. Seems like the strongest winds would be in the area with the heaviest rain.
East side is less likely/will not have a temperature inversion so the higher winds mix down. The west side is likely to start wrapping in some cooler BL dews leading to a temp inversion which makes it harder to mix down the stronger gusts

What’s bad is how much Chris Justus hyped it up yesterday. We are to the point around here where it would be best to get no heads up and just see what happens the day of.
I really don't know why he does that. Back in 2016 he forecasted 8-12 inches of snow and it rained. Panovich up in Charlotte did the same but learned his lesson. These models have a tendency to model the high impact systems as catastrophic historic systems. Chris Justus always takes the most extreme solutions and talks them up well before he should. At least wait until inside 48 hrs. Yesterday was too early and the changes overnight will have an impact here. The consensus is 100 miles west of what some of those extreme solutions were here. That's going to change things regardless of the size of the overall system..

Y'all are a bunch of weirdo sadists...wanting a hurricane to fly over your back yard. 🃏

Charlie Brown Christmas GIF

atlanta board members in for a rude awakening with how much these things absolutely suck. like 3 hours of meteorological "whoa" for a week of pain and no AC

i've got friends that chase these things and i get absolutely nothing out of it. growing up in wilmington i think maybe they wore out their welcome some, for the most part the whole thing is just a windy grey

atlanta board members in for a rude awakening with how much these things absolutely suck. like 3 hours of meteorological "whoa" for a week of pain and no AC

i've got friends that chase these things and i get absolutely nothing out of it. growing up in wilmington i think maybe they wore out their welcome some, for the most part the whole thing is just a windy grey
No need for AC. Summer is over.

Yeah especially with this coming through at night. It's gonna become not fun quickly

I was 7 when Opal hit and it's still vivid to me

This will definitely be the worst one since Irma back in 2017.

Back