• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

I'm scared to post this in the storm thread, since you know, people won't like it with all the "super storm incoming" crowd hype.. but the NBM blend/charts I use have Atlanta gusting at only 36 mph during the peak.

The highest I saw was 54 scrolling around three TV stations

I'm scared to post this in the storm thread, since you know, people won't like it with all the "super storm incoming" crowd hype.. but the NBM blend/charts I use have Atlanta gusting at only 36 mph during the peak.
Dang. Does it even make it to Cat 1 at landfall ? Sounds super weak.

Dang. Does it even make it to Cat 1 at landfall ? Sounds super weak.

That's the thing, the NBM is filtering out a bunch of crap and trying to take the best forecast it can. While the storm is a hurricane at landfall, the trajectory of ATL maybe not being on the east side is helping them out.

It doesn't matter, regardless, but just wanted to throw it out.. that some of these wind maps are absolutely horrible.

Even at 140 mph after 12 hours about the time it takes to make it to Atlanta it should be in the 60-70 mph range and that would obviously be east of the center NHCGraph_HurricaneWindsatLandfall.jpg

All of this is confusing. So the strongest winds will be on the east side and heaviest rain on the west side. Seems like the strongest winds would be in the area with the heaviest rain.

Back