• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

I looked this up out of curiosity. As a State grad I don’t usually jump to the defense of Heels fans, but…

View attachment 150005
A whopping 14.1% of Duke students are from NC, meaning 85.9% are not.
I would imagine this is pretty common for a private research institution on the level of Duke, but what do I know.

In other news, NC 540 won't be opening up till September to coincide with I-40's pavement completion, AND DEBBY.
FULL ARTICLE HERE

My reaction:

View attachment 150009
It was pretty obvious when I was out there a couple of weeks ago they wouldn’t be done until at least Labor Day. They were still installing the toll equipment on T45 and T46, plus all the paving that was yet to be complete.

On another note, does anybody know of a driving range next to the new segment? I was out there back in June and had to get out quick because range balls were raining down.

It was pretty obvious when I was out there a couple of weeks ago they wouldn’t be done until at least Labor Day. They were still installing the toll equipment on T45 and T46, plus all the paving that was yet to be complete.

On another note, does anybody know of a driving range next to the new segment? I was out there back in June and had to get out quick because range balls were raining down.
there's a top golf not far from there on page rd

I live just off Old Stage Rd. so I'm looking forward to it getting open. Not looking forward to the toll, though. We go west a lot.
I live close to you and I'm hoping that it will relieve some of the congestion on Old Stage, Ten-Ten and 401 which has become almost unbearable. Personally, I'm going to avoid driving NC 540 as much as possible just because I'm a cheapskate and I don't think it's fair for people who live in this area to pay to drive this section of highway while most of the state gets to travel the interstates for free. I'm hoping that other drivers don't feel the same way I do. My wife has already informed me to start looking for bills from the Turnpike Authority in the mail when it opens.

I honestly have not seen many yellow jackets this year and I've never seen one inside. I did get stung by one in 2009 and it was extremely painful. I was cutting grass and they came up from underneath the ground and attacked me.
I've had to deal with two nests of yellow jackets this year in my yard and got my first sting of the year this past Friday. What made it even worse was it was in the ear of all places. At least I didn't get lit up multiple times like I have on some occasions.

I live close to you and I'm hoping that it will relieve some of the congestion on Old Stage, Ten-Ten and 401 which has become almost unbearable. Personally, I'm going to avoid driving NC 540 as much as possible just because I'm a cheapskate and I don't think it's fair for people who live in this area to pay to drive this section of highway while most of the state gets to travel the interstates for free. I'm hoping that other drivers don't feel the same way I do. My wife has already informed me to start looking for bills from the Turnpike Authority in the mail when it opens.
Ha! Driving on the toll road aint cheap. Fortunately, I work from home. When I used to work downtown, back in 2019, it took me 40 minutes in the morning and 45-50 in the evening. I can't imagine what it is now. This area has exploded. When we first moved out here in 2003, it was like 25 in and 30ish home. I hate living out here now.

I live just off Old Stage Rd. so I'm looking forward to it getting open. Not looking forward to the toll, though. We go west a lot.

I have been right there numerous times this summer, and man is it hot over there.

Ha! Driving on the toll road aint cheap. Fortunately, I work from home. When I used to work downtown, back in 2019, it took me 40 minutes in the morning and 45-50 in the evening. I can't imagine what it is now. This area has exploded. When we first moved out here in 2003, it was like 25 in and 30ish home. I hate living out here now.
I've been living in this area since the mid-eighties. I love the street I live on and my neighbors but hate the environment it is now situated in. Hopefully I'll get out of this sardine can one day and let the people who have packed it so tight have it.

I've been living in this area since the mid-eighties. I love the street I live on and my neighbors but hate the environment it is now situated in. Hopefully I'll get out of this sardine can one day and let the people who have packed it so tight have it.
Yeah it used to be beautiful out here, which is why we moved here. Farms and fields and trees and pumpkin patches. Now it's just neighborhood after neighborhood everywhere. We're going to move to the foothills pretty soon. I can't wait.

Old stage rd is not that crowded, I seen some field there still. Plus most of the neighborhoods down there are on big lots . Sucks though road does have heavy traffic, all the weirdos who move to harnett and Johnston county drive up it. It’s still a mashup between rural suburban and exurban

Back