• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather Threat April 2-3

At least there won't be a significant nighttime threat. I'm sure tomorrow is still going to be something, given the timing being in the hottest part of the day or do you think it may not?

Given that it's felt like summer to me lately, I think this reorganizes after the sun comes up. This might bust in Mississippi/Alabama, but we're far from knowing how conditions are in Georgia and eastward to make a judgment there (will it be sunny or cloudy/rainy at daybreak, how high are the dewpoints going to be, etc).

I know in the truly bad events it can stay strong at night, but I remember multiple strong/severe thunderstorm events recently (including last year) in which the sun goes down and poof. Now this won't go poof because its a big system, but the weakening doesn't really surprise me due to this.

SPC drops the Moderate Risk

day1otlk_1200.gif

T

To each his/her own....I like to watch the power of mother nature. The greatest days in weather are days like today here in AL....absolutely beautiful. The next greatest are days where mother nature puts on a show (without injury or destruction).
Agreed. That thunder and rain made for some great sleep last night. :)

Lots of flooding in Birmingham this morning as many locations have seen between 2-3 inches since 1am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks way better from overnight I would say. Liking the heavy rain moving in this direction versus destructive winds.Don't like the reports flooding though that Storm5 mentioned.

Major reduction in the SPC this morning. Smaller enhanced area with no moderate. Hatched area is gone completely. Interested to see how it will respond with the daytime heating.

It's bad to bust on severe weather and it doesn't happen it's worst to bust on severe weather not happening and it then does, will see by end of day if results are more like yesterday outlook or today's outlook

It's bad to bust on severe weather and it doesn't happen it's worst to bust on severe weather not happening and it then does, will see by end of day if results are more like yesterday outlook or today's outlook

I completely agree. I would much rather see an Armageddon scenario on the SPC and then have some rain vs the opposite.

More water rescues in Birmingham schools closing due to flooding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need the storms to stay away from here around 11:30 tonight for the celebration on Franklin Street.

Each successive run has the line holding together a little longer too.... And if correct it looks nasty around CLT right at rush hour
We really need to get some moisture in here if we are going to see anything besides a few sprinkles. A dew of 44 ain't gonna cut it

Back