• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather Threat April 2-3

and there ya go...

WATCH COUNTY NOTIFICATION FOR WATCH 119
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC
214 PM EDT MON APR 3 2017

GAC033-073-181-189-245-SCC003-009-011-017-037-039-063-065-071-075-
079-081-040100-
/O.NEW.KCAE.TO.A.0119.170403T1814Z-170404T0100Z/

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 119 IN
EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM EDT THIS EVENING FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS

IN GEORGIA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 5 COUNTIES

IN EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA

BURKE COLUMBIA LINCOLN
MCDUFFIE RICHMOND

IN SOUTH CAROLINA THIS WATCH INCLUDES 12 COUNTIES

IN CENTRAL SOUTH CAROLINA

AIKEN BAMBERG BARNWELL
CALHOUN EDGEFIELD FAIRFIELD
LEXINGTON MCCORMICK NEWBERRY
ORANGEBURG RICHLAND SALUDA

THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF AIKEN, AUGUSTA, BAMBERG, BARNWELL,
BLACKVILLE, BROOKDALE, CAYCE, COLUMBIA, DENMARK, EDGEFIELD,
EVANS, JOHNSTON, LEXINGTON, LINCOLNTON, MARTINEZ, MCCORMICK,
NEWBERRY, NORTH AUGUSTA, OAK GROVE, ORANGEBURG, RED BANK,
RIDGE SPRING, SALUDA, SEVEN OAKS, ST. MATTHEWS, THOMSON,
WAYNESBORO, WEST COLUMBIA, WILLISTON, WINNSBORO,
AND WINNSBORO MILLS.

Tornado Warning Greenville county SC

Multiple tornado warnings a short drive away from where I'm at. I suppose looking at the radar, without having it play, I think the tornado warned cells will just miss me but it's a matter of when, not if with a major severe thunderstorm.

And now there's a tornado warning south of me that didn't even come from the main line:

Tornado Warning
GAC033-031915-
/O.NEW.KCAE.TO.W.0009.170403T1841Z-170403T1915Z/

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED
Tornado Warning
National Weather Service Columbia SC
241 PM EDT MON APR 3 2017

The National Weather Service in Columbia has issued a

* Tornado Warning for...
Central Burke County in east central Georgia...

* Until 315 PM EDT

* At 241 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
was located 7 miles southwest of Waynesboro, moving northeast at 35
mph.

HAZARD...Tornado and quarter size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

IMPACT...Flying debris will be dangerous to those caught without
shelter. Mobile homes will be damaged or destroyed.
Damage to roofs, windows, and vehicles will occur. Tree
damage is likely.

* This dangerous storm will be near...
Waynesboro around 255 PM EDT.

Tornado warning for Washington County (back home for me) until 3.

C8ggubnXsAA4oz5.jpg

Damn...

2:45 PM (4/3/17): Take shelter immediately if you live in Tennille or Sandersville. Tornado possibly on the ground!

C8glwXYXUAAoPq4.jpg

This rain is something, and this isn't even from that severe line that is coming. This Burke County storm might be coming north actually.

How's this not even severe warned in my county? I think the supercell that caused a tornado warning is in a different storm to the south of me but man this storm is crazy.

Edit: It just got severe warned, so my dad was right and the graphics were a little slow on NWS. I guess this warning will continue with the severe line that will hit me very soon.

Part 1 pretty much done and man was it something for a storm that took a while to get severe warned here.

Part 2 about to really get under way here, that severe thunderstorm warning might have to be extended...

Man this wind is scary. Again there's a tornado warning just to the south of me but this wind is nuts.

I think part 2 might have just been gusty winds here. Boy those winds had my heart pounding for a moment and the power flickered a bit not too long ago.

mcd0422.gif

Pretty good amount of low to mid 60 degree dew points moving NW from the coast might make it to mby

mcd0422.gif

Pretty good amount of low to mid 60 degree dew points moving NW from the coast might make it to mby
Seems to be a little ahead of schedule? And I wonder what affect if any this first batch of rain will have on the potential when the main show arrives

Seems to be a little ahead of schedule? And I wonder what affect if any this first batch of rain will have on the potential when the main show arrives
wondering about that too. I'm sure it will stabilize things a bit. Should be some interesting reports coming out soon from the Charlotte area

Back