• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Weather 3/27-3/28 2021

SD

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Yesterday the hrrr nailed that storm that went from Winston through Raleight and here. It didnt hit the coverage as well because it had that storm as a lone storm when there were several that developed south of it.

That said the hrrr is unimpressed with today so far. It gives us a few cells here in the east but not as robust as some of yesterdays 3k nam runs
It's amazing how poor models are with timing these. I think at one point we were looking at 3-6z on this arriving.

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
The conditions outside are the kind that worry me when we're supposed to have storms. The sun is out, it's warm, and windy. Feels a lot like it did the morning of the tornadoes we had in April 2011.

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
Line looks weak af, yesterday was probably the more active day in NC
Yesterday the hrrr nailed that storm that went from Winston through Raleight and here. It didnt hit the coverage as well because it had that storm as a lone storm when there were several that developed south of it.

That said the hrrr is unimpressed with today so far. It gives us a few cells here in the east but not as robust as some of yesterdays 3k nam runs
Guess that would be typical of how things go lately. On Friday the local mets on WRAL were hyping the severe threat for today more than yesterday's. They have had a hard time lately getting these storms right.

gawxnative

Supporter
Reaction score
Well cells are looking bit more "healthy as the move east of "I 85" into the warmer area where sun was out..
And BOOM one goes severe while I was typing

mbway091

Reaction score
Guess that would be typical of how things go lately. On Friday the local mets on WRAL were hyping the severe threat for today more than yesterday's. They have had a hard time lately getting these storms right.
Line could get itself together as it moves further east I would assume. It already looks slightly better than it did earlier, at least in the southern half of the state. The potential always seemed to be greater further east anyway, so it not doing much over the Piedmont isn't all that surprising.

FamouslyHot

Reaction score
nam3km_ref_frzn_seus_9.png hrrr_ref_frzn_seus_6.png
NAM shows a strong line of storms through the SC midlands this afternoon. HRRR not so much. HRRR seems to have initialized a little weaker than radar currently shows, but I'd still be willing to bet that we end up verifying closer to its solution.

NickyBGuarantee

-NAO/+PNA/-AO
Reaction score
HRRR is trying its absolute hardest to deletion a second line to help Charlotte and Raleigh get at least some action

olhausen

Reaction score
Unfortunately saw that a few people drowned in the flooding in Nashville. Luckily up here on the rim all the water is flowing down so we don’t get to many flooding spots in White House. The big may 2010 flood I believe around 13-14 inches of rain fell here in less then 48 hrs and this area had no problems. After that I knew we’d never have to worry about flooding around here thankfully.

Dunkman

Reaction score
I never even noticed it raining as the line went through. Heard about 3 moderately breezy gusts.

NCSNOW

Reaction score
Nothing burger here. Il take it. Down in the 30s tonight we go. 20s a good bet Friday or Saturday morning

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't expecting it to regenerate the way it has. I haven't looked to see if there was clearing behind this stuff it's getting late in the day now
Yep, I may be wrong but I think this line getting going now will be the main show. It should be rocking by the time it reaches @Shaggy think I might miss out completely unless the actual front surprises

Shaggy

Reaction score
Yep, I may be wrong but I think this line getting going now will be the main show. It should be rocking by the time it reaches @Shaggy think I might miss out completely unless the actual front surprises
Yeah it's pretty warm and muggy and we have the best cape east of 95. We will see what it does as it heads this way.

Shaggy

Reaction score
New watch, looks like eastern sections are where it's at

View attachment 80814
Not too be harsh on the spc but their earlier disco kind of raised questions about the enhanced area and the early day crapvection and rain and now the watch is mostly south of that area. Perhaps they should have dropped that enhanced zone at their midday update.