• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe weather 2020

And boom the southeast ridge has all the room to emerge one that happens, likely gonna see a shift to the plains soon once tropical forcing does switch towards the Indian Ocean/maritime continent
I wonder how long the -nao the models are showing sticks around? Going to cause some issues if we see a more zonal flow across the US and can't real amplify the SE ridge to deflect

Out of all the systems you guys are talking about when is the soonest the southeast can see another round of severe weather?

Beyond this time frame, models indicate another shortwave trough
moving across the Southwest and toward the southern Plains around
Tue/D7 or Wed/D8, and this system may eventually hold severe
potential.

Would like to see a bit more run-run consistency between various NWP models, but this system at day 5 could get interesting for those south of I-20. This setup looks considerably more marginal than this past weekend.

1586951095876.png

1586951134801.png

Here it comes. The waves of these low amp troughs are nuts.

500wh.conus.png

Please delete if not allowed, could you explain to me as someone who is just generally lurking here and doesn't yet understand a lot of things about the weather, where this severe weather would be?

Hard to say right now, but the plains into the southeast (Dixie alley) would be favored rn, as we head further into spring things should start shifting into the plains

Hard to say right now, but the plains into the southeast (Dixie alley) would be favored rn, as we head further into spring things should start shifting into the plains
Track seems be Dixie alley again... hard believe here midsouth we keep missing the big ones... Memphis area I’m referring to... usually mid April to mid May is our best peak time catch something on the high end.

Back