• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe threat May 3-5

I might be getting a little bullish but I could see it especially for east Ga most of SC and SE NC

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I am still a bit iffy on a major severe weather event here due to the temp profiles compared to south of here. Doesn't get above 70 north of Atlanta, though the dew points are high. In addition, the NAM has lower CAPE values north of I-20 than south of it. If it was my guess, I say North Georgia eastward gets a slight and south of I-20 gets an enhanced risk.

Damn I'm gonna sleep good tonight !!!
2d3f38d333caacb16484a4fd16cd1889.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of stratiform rain incoming this AM, and lots of gulf coast convection, but the future cast models still have a very strong line on my doorstep at around 5-6 PM! Looks like the SPC risks have lessened around my area though

The winds were crazy this morning thanks the a wake low . Lots of trees and down and thousands without power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As storm mentioned, the wind this morning in central Al (B'ham area) was crazy with the wake low. I had 51 mph at my house in Hoover and since ABC33/40 report 47 mph at their tower cam near the Galleria I think it was accurate. Lots of limbs and new growth littering my freshly mowed lawn and driveway. Others in the area have much bigger issues with trees down and no power. Seems to have settled now.

Just doesn't have that feel today for getting any real storms here. Feels too cool and dry.

This really deescalated quickly

A lot more sun around here than I thought I would see! Should = warmer temps and more instability for the line to get its act together!?

A lot more sun around here than I thought I would see! Should = warmer temps and more instability for the line to get its act together!?
Warm front is through here dew point at RDU is up 7 degrees in 2 hours

Warm front is through here dew point at RDU is up 7 degrees in 2 hours

WRAL saying we should have rain before the storms come in overnight. I don't think the storms usually work out if they come at night after a period of rain, but we'll see. Seems we have to have some really good dynamics at play to get any good storms around here anymore.

If nothing else, everyone should get some more needed rain and there is plenty of time for the line to turn back into some thunderstorms. It's seemingly already trying.

Back