• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe threat May 3-5

SD

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks like a decent threat of a large linear wind event setting up late Wednesday into early Friday.

24da9a3cff951292131fcffc6e125c51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Looks like a decent threat of a large linear wind event setting up late Wednesday into early Friday.

24da9a3cff951292131fcffc6e125c51.jpg

NOOOOoooooooo

But in Wiki for posterity ....

NOOOOoooooooo

But in Wiki for posterity ....
Well there are quite a few negatives here as well but it certainly looks like a decent shot at a wind event across western portions of the region. The evolution of that will go a long way in determining what happens Thursday.

Well there are quite a few negatives here as well but it certainly looks like a decent shot at a wind event across western portions of the region. The evolution of that will go a long way in determining what happens Thursday.

Not being negative at all ... just wind is a bit hairy, so the "NOOooo" was more like a prayer than a comment ... Best,
Your Curmudgeon For The Day ... :confused:

Guess we have to keep an eye on it, but you know...

I know we usually refer to Thunderstorms and Tornados when discussing severe, but based on radar returns, there will certainly be Severe Flooding in many places with this system. LA and ARK are having copious amounts of rain as we speak. I need rain but not flooding.

The model Brad Panovich shows on his Facebook page shows a major line of storms moving over much of NC and SC tomorrow evening into the overnight Friday morning. If that verifies and we do NOT have CAD I could see a decent wind threat occurring with this line. I think that slight risk could get larger as we get closer. He did mention a warm front possibly being somewhere close to the NC SC border area though. If that front is there, things could get complicated

Wind advisory for my area tonight . Combine that with all the rain we had the last few weeks and the rain tonight and uber we see some trees knocked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wind advisory for my area tonight . Combine that with all the rain we had the last few weeks and the rain tonight and uber we see some trees knocked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's hoping you don't need a Uber to get to or from work tomorrow ... :D

3k NAM all in on a wind event with possibly a few tornadoes
d4c6825e16e68c5cf3c55aa1583aeb1b.jpg
5a0f64cef12ed597f294805d8debecdd.jpg

Mea Bene Sanctus Deo
and to whomever is up there - stay safe and duck!

Last edited:
I still have my questions as to how the line tonight will affect the overall evolution of the system

3k NAM all in on a wind event with possibly a few tornadoes
d4c6825e16e68c5cf3c55aa1583aeb1b.jpg
5a0f64cef12ed597f294805d8debecdd.jpg

Yep this looks nasty for both Carolinas and in parts of east GA too. 1 big question will be where the CAD front sets up. Areas along and just south of it will have an increased tornado risk. If GSP is right, most of both states will be in the warm sector when that line comes through. The front will probably be farther south for the super cells though. I suspect the area from Athens Ga to Columbia SC up towards Fayetteville NC will have to deal with those.

Back