• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat April 5th-7th

The NAM is interesting in that it has this current blob of rain really weakening and shifting off to the south of us, then rapidly blows convection up around 1 am in Cen NC which could have some rotation followed by more storms with the frontal passage. Still need to watch this one it has potential that's for sure

NAMNSTMA_con_uphlysw_025.png
little concerned about what may come off the gulf early tomorrow AM as well ... :oops:

Yep, the 18z NAM doesn't have the dewpoint at RDU going above 60 until 6z so it's going to be a while before we even start to get unstable
60+ DPs just south. I don't think we're going to have to wait till 6z. Dry Bias NAM?? :)

I checked the obs west south and east of us. Winds appear to be from random directions. NW over here, S over there, NE on this side, etc. So right now, it's hard to get a feel for solid moisture advection, although we have come a long way since 47 at Noon!

All that said, usually, things turn out to be quite a bit less dramatic than we think. Still need to watch it, though.

60+ DPs just south. I don't think we're going to have to wait till 6z. Dry Bias NAM?? :)

I checked the obs west south and east of us. Winds appear to be from random directions. NW over here, S over there, NE on this side, etc. So right now, it's hard to get a feel for solid moisture advection, although we have come a long way since 47 at Noon!
Mid 60 DP's in Johnston and Harnett Counties so yeah literally on your door step...

I think Atlanta might actually have a chance to grow unstable here now. Looks like a stretch of partly cloudy skies with no little junk storms to interfere.

Back