• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat 4-13/14

It will eventually, this thing is going negative tilt right now so it's gonna take a little while
Should continue to bring heavy rain to the areas currently getting rain. We’ll see if that southern segment intensifies accelerates through as the trough goes neg tilt.

This stuff in SC is what we are going to have to keep our eye on...
7ef7b022e4ba4a15a103bedc346989e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes that s with the "next" MCV .. have been several damage reports earlier with this as it came ashore.

East Greensboro took a direct touchdown. Would post videos if I can figure out. Wfmy news 2. Went right over their station. Touchdown was right over neighborhoods off hwy 29. Lot of damage.

Go to wfmy and and you'll see more videos. Warning language.

1 fatality and 1000s without power is all that's been confirmed.

Last edited:
PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC
817 PM EDT SUN APR 15 2018

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..

0510 PM TORNADO 4 E GREENSBORO 36.07N 79.76W
04/15/2018 GUILFORD NC EMERGENCY MNGR

AN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL'S ROOF WAS PEELED OFF
AND WINDOWS BLOWN OUT. MOBILE UNITS WERE
DESTROYED.

Looks like they shouldn't have moved the tornado watch and enhanced risk further east. Not sure why that has happened so many times the last few years.

Looking very spotty now. A few decent looking cells to the SW, but the line broke apart before it got here, just like the models were showing. You getting any wind?
Gradient wind been gusting 25-35 all evening

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gradient wind been gusting 25-35 all evening

I got a bunch of river birch trees. They’ve been dropping limbs all day.

We still have 500-1000 j/kg of ml and sb Cape on the east side of the earlier storms. Still possible to get some severe wind gusts until the line actually moves through

We still have 500-1000 j/kg of ml and sb Cape on the east side of the earlier storms. Still possible to get some severe wind gusts until the line actually moves through

Flash flood watches up now for training cells..... this line just isn't moving

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I got a bunch of river birch trees. They’ve been dropping limbs all day.
Nice day for golf.

Looks like those storms south of lumberton will be what we get. Hrrr is wanting to get a little crazy with that inflection point in the storms and develop a meso low on the backside of that area. Not sure if I'm ready to get on that train

Nice day for golf.

Looks like those storms south of lumberton will be what we get. Hrrr is wanting to get a little crazy with that inflection point in the storms and develop a meso low on the backside of that area. Not sure if I'm ready to get on that train

Wise. The H triple R always gets a little crazy.

Back