• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe Threat 3/24-3/27

SPC isn't very impressed as they cut way back
a946f4fafba0c5a4bd56928244d84d51.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SPC isn't very impressed as they cut way back
a946f4fafba0c5a4bd56928244d84d51.jpg

The line is rather unimpressive right now, its thin and doesn't even have that much lightning. HRRR suggests additional storms forming behind the line over MS where there will be higher CAPE values, but given the slow progression of the line, I don't think the atmosphere over AL will have enough time to get sufficiently destabilized to support widespread severe storms.

The line is rather unimpressive right now, its thin and doesn't even have that much lightning. HRRR suggests additional storms forming behind the line over MS where there will be higher CAPE values, but given the slow progression of the line, I don't think the atmosphere over AL will have enough time to get sufficiently destabilized to support widespread severe storms.

Yeah will be interesting to watch . But like you said , recovery will be an issue

Large hail is going to be a big problem tomorrow across northern Mississippi , Eastern Arkansas and western Tennessee

Large hail is going to be a big problem tomorrow across northern Mississippi , Eastern Arkansas and western Tennessee

It will reach well into AL as well. With no linear forcing don't be surprised to see some long track supercells.

GFS is flagging some major hail analogs this morning. That cold air aloft will lead to supercells with large to very large hail being the main threat. Tornado threat is still low.

Threat levels :
Hail: high
Wind: medium
Tornado: low

Locations: MS/AL/TN

Been looking at new cars! Mine will be outside in the hail if it occurs. Got a new car due to hail damage back in 2009. The garage is filled with my guy's 3 motorcycles and 2 convertibles. No room for the SUV ;)

Back