• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

I’m in Atl for the Braves game tonight. What time should I leave tomorrow to head back to upstate sc if I want to stay out of the heavy rain and t-storms? ...and traffic

The HRRR doesn't look too hot for Georgia either, of course it could be the long range HRRR doing long range HRRR things.

I honestly don't know about the WRFs, so I'll look.

Has the warm front made it into north Alabama our dewpoint is only 57 here sun is finally out though ?

Clouds have thinned out and sun is out in north alabama if the cap breaks there's good shear this afternoon for a storm to rotate.Screenshot_20190413-151512_Facebook.jpg

Storms down in Louisiana are just not able to isolate themselves.

The line coming into west Louisiana is dominated by an outflow boundary aswell.

Too early to say yet but maybe we can escape today with fewer tornados than we anticipated.

I’m in Atl for the Braves game tonight. What time should I leave tomorrow to head back to upstate sc if I want to stay out of the heavy rain and t-storms? ...and traffic

Should be good if you leave at 9 AM (it's at that point where storms will be entering the state I think), although it might be different near the park, Atlanta traffic on Sundays tends to be not terrible.

Edit: I lied, it might have to be more around 8.

I have a feeling alabama is going to get the short end of the stick in this event for some reason. Or at least west and southwest alabama.

Some isolated weak convection is starting to develop in Southern AL.

As it moves NE, it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Last edited:
Spooky stuff. I'm about 15 miles east of Tupelo ms ( as the crow flies ) and it seems here lately this area is a tornado magnet.
I'm actually working right now in monroe county, just below tupelo on an ambulance.
The amory railroad festival is currently underway, and they are expecting over 30,000 people to attend it TODAY.
Hey my family is from Monroe county, out buy Greenwood Springs. Stay safe out there.

Look at this couplet. I think it may be skewed a little by being so far from the radar but that's a very strong rotation.Screenshot_20190413-160725_RadarScope.jpg

Back