• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

Sorry...again, not as well versed in SVR as I am in winter...seems like the convection along the panhandle could be the thing that saves N.GA...I’ll admit that I’m vulnerable & hate playing the weenie card here, but when folks post sounding & holographs with a PDS Tornado from pivotal that have a comment that just says “uh oh” or “not good”, I have no idea what that means...there’s no location or context and I can’t convert lat & long in my head. Again, my apologies if that’s a requirement for the board.

I’m looking at this thread because I’m concerned my area may experience SVR WX, which they’re overdue for. Between that & a CAD-induced ice storm, I know which one is more likely. Not in the context of SVR.

So confused. So many different enthusiasts spotters mets etc saying diff things and & making things better models are still all OVER the place. Gotta love it but theres people online already and saying theres not going to be any severe because of the storms along the gulf coast etc...

Just my two cents but. I think Louisiana and Alabama has the potential of the wide spread tornado outbreak. As you get into the Carolinas and Georgia the severe weather threat is more scattered probably with tornados being isolated not wide spread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obligatory hate to be that guy statement, but I'm a student at Ole Miss from Maryland, will tomorrow's weather spawn tornadoes in Lafayette County or Oxford in particular? Or will it stay further to the South? Just a little bit anxious since we don't get tornadoes often back home.

Well I'll be darned. I expected this to be a non-event around here, but looking at the SPC and the newer GFS run, I notice that cape isn't half bad, at least.

Obligatory hate to be that guy statement, but I'm a student at Ole Miss from Maryland, will tomorrow's weather spawn tornadoes in Lafayette County or Oxford in particular? Or will it stay further to the South? Just a little bit anxious since we don't get tornadoes often back home.

All modes of severe weather are on the table for your area...hard to be much more specific than that. Just stay aware and have a place to get weather information and you'll be fine.

FYI

We are aware that most of our radio transmitters are out right now, including Arab, Cullman, Florence, Fort Payne, and Winchester. We are actively and continuously working with technicians to get these back up ASAP. We will post an update as soon as we have one.

I guess our local mets don’t read the AFDs!!?B7752F06-5934-49E0-9D0A-AAE661AF6DC8.png

Nam shows possible tornadic storm in north alabama tomorrow around 7 or 8 oclock?. Everybody should watch out from alabama west tomorrow. May have a few suprises.View attachment 18829View attachment 18830
Spooky stuff. I'm about 15 miles east of Tupelo ms ( as the crow flies ) and it seems here lately this area is a tornado magnet.
I'm actually working right now in monroe county, just below tupelo on an ambulance.
The amory railroad festival is currently underway, and they are expecting over 30,000 people to attend it TODAY.

Last edited:
Back