• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

526175081242ed13e8158b30fa56f5ca.jpg

Someone with knowledge. This is a sounding of upstate sc. what would this sounding mean?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is instability usually underdone with systems like these ?
with systems coming through at night sometimes. Just with high dewpoints and temps and a strong low level jet speeding up when this wave comes through i usually dont think models grasp the instability well. Nws bham talked about it too.

Local mets (JC) saying models are backing off the severe for W Carolinas Sunday. KK showed future radar, not even any yellow in our area! Dodged a bullet?

Local mets (JC) saying models are backing off the severe for W Carolinas Sunday. KK showed future radar, not even any yellow in our area! Dodged a bullet?

In house model, possible solution, but I’d go with more severe with such a strong LLvL jet, for example NAM 3km

I tell ya seems like local meteorologist treat severe weather like snow. And under plays it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After reviewing 0z guidance, I am still in disagreement with the SPC, namely for the Carolinas. I only agree with the areas out west approaching Louisiana. I am actually shocked at the enhanced risk for places like Boone NC. There is going to be some severe weather but I do not see it how they see it playing out!

This setup and southerly flow does not support long track tornadoes near GSP going into the NC foothills. I see some potential for damaging winds if storms take advantage of peak heating and do not weaken over the mountains. A slight tornado risk within 3 counties of Greensboro NC would be more favorable in this particular setup.

got a PDS out of triangle area
2019041300_NAMNST_054_35.63,-78.44_severe_ml.png

Just a note, some of these PDS soundings and STP numbers are driven by the insane shear such as the one above with 77knts of 0-6km bulk shear. The sounding above could be dangerous with the right conditions, but its not a true PDS sounding to me.

At this point there's really only 1 thing that could possibly save Georgia from a mess (not as big of one as Louisiana however), and it's convection robbing moisture.

And while it's possible you get that, can't count on it happening.

The WRFs are interesting, both ARW and NSSL WRF show little in the way for LA, with most of the UH streaks up on the warm front in AR besides one big supercell with the first round of storms. Then looks like embedded supercells in the QLCS or broken line creates a bunch of spin ups for AL and MS.

The NMMB WRF looks like the 0-3km NAM and poos out everything. Although that WRF is normally negative Nancy about everything.

Back