• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe potential April 13th-15th Palm Sunday Weekend

This damage to 6 houses was yesterday morning, 1/2 mile from my house at the end of the street.
We were under a tornado watch and a tstorm warning at the time. I woke up to loud thunder, checked my phone, went back to sleep then discovered this when I woke back up later. (edited to say we were under a watch and tstorm warning) and included today's survey results.

NWS Survey teams are coming out today to check on damage and determine if it was a microburst or tornado.
It occurred during the line of storms that came thru.

Thankful no one was injured.

Glencoe Alabama Damage

Survey results

Last edited:
Quite a few close calls for members on here over the last couple of days. Click the link below and this is damage exactly 9 miles as the crow flies to my SSW. Also my brother .7 of mile from me had siding ripped off of his house, some martin bird houses toppled, his horse was out because the fence was down and a 15' enclosed utility trailer (full of industrial cleaning supplies/equipment) was pushed 8' from it's blocks with the tongue of the trailer digging in the ground or who knows how far it would've rolled. Again that's not major at all but an indication of how close it was...

https://abc11.com/weather/storm-lifts-halifax-co-home-off-foundation-traps-woman-inside/5250639/

Quite a few close calls for members on here over the last couple of days. Click the link below and this is damage exactly 9 miles as the crow flies to my SSW. Also my brother .7 of mile from me had siding ripped off of his house, some martin bird houses toppled, his horse was out because the fence was down and a 15' enclosed utility trailer (full of industrial cleaning supplies/equipment) was pushed 8' from it's blocks with the tongue of the trailer digging in the ground or who knows how far it would've rolled. Again that's not major at all but an indication of how close it was...

https://abc11.com/weather/storm-lifts-halifax-co-home-off-foundation-traps-woman-inside/5250639/
Please accept this as a "Like" but the text of yours would be diluted by one in the actual message.
Thank God y'all are OK ...
Best!
Phil

A lot of false warnings out of NWS Blacksburg. I think they did more harm than good for future events. But it’s the technology and a guessing game so.

Looks like the nam 12km fires up supercells out ahead of the line, then it shows a really nasty bow echo/squall line through NC

Back