• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical PTC8

We had 20 inches over a 4 day period last month with Debby. The flooding today was far worse. I only had 8 inches in 3 to 4 hours I can't imagine the areas just south of me that are over a foot.
If the area gets another tropical system with 10+ inches of rain its going to be really bad

Going to be some poop hitting the fan in New Hanover county since the schools didn't close until 2 hours early when the weather was at its worst. The school I mentioned earlier flooded and parents couldn't get to their kids and the kids had to be driven out on trucks.

This is also a great example where sometimes a storm threat is more important than a name. Dozens of roads have washed out in Brunswick county and a state of emergency has been issued. People are trapped on US 17 with no where to go because roads are out in multiple places.

NOTICE: the water levels between the Harbor/Marina & Land, the Marina water level is LOWER than the land flooding? This has always been a issue in that part of Carolina beach since they "modified" Lake park blvd & the lake on the other side. drainage issues.
Back "in the Day" Lake Park Lake "pre Se" was a brackish Salt water pool with Salt water fish in it, until YANKEES changed the drainage system, Now causing alot of drainage problems.. And NOW,, Flooding.. Put it back the way it was....

Going to be some poop hitting the fan in New Hanover county since the schools didn't close until 2 hours early when the weather was at its worst. The school I mentioned earlier flooded and parents couldn't get to their kids and the kids had to be driven out on trucks.

This is also a great example where sometimes a storm threat is more important than a name. Dozens of roads have washed out in Brunswick county and a state of emergency has been issued. People are trapped on US 17 with no where to go because roads are out in multiple places.
Let Me guess,, between Leland & Winnibow?

Let Me guess,, between Leland & Winnibow?
Everywhere. Go to brunswick county sheriff's Facebook page. It's a madhouse over here. 2 to 3 hour trip to get to calabash and Whiteville.

New hanover superintendent catching hell now.

Tempest says 2.5" raining all day, still pouring.

Of course, radaescope estimates a storm total of near 5". I don't know how to reconcile the two.

Back