• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Potential Dec 13-14 Ice Threat

interesting to watch the hrrr slowly fold, it’s mixing bias is bad, starting to see some some teens/ isolated single digit dewpoints along the escarpment as precip arrives, also look at the CAD trending stronger with higher mslp over time View attachment 27896
Honestly I might sound way too bullish but if the CAD ends up way stronger than modeled, I can honestly see the escarpment remaining as ZR throughout the afternoon tomorrow.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Honestly I might sound way too bullish but if the CAD ends up way stronger than modeled, I can honestly see the escarpment remaining as ZR throughout the afternoon tomorrow.

It’s happened, even with in situ CAD, can be really hard to scour out, unless there’s heavy precip, that is definitely possible

18z 3km NAM is way too humid again, current dew points are around 20, NAM has us around 27 at hour 003.

Seeing those teen DP's creep into Va, this could get interesting out that way real fast in the morning

(NEW) GSP Hazardous Weather Outlook

Precipitation will develop from the southwest through the late
evening hours and increase in coverage and intensity through
daybreak Friday. Mainly a cold rain is expected, but temperatures
could be cold enough for some of the precipitation through the early
morning hours to fall as a mixture of freezing rain and sleet before
changing over to rain before daybreak. Spotty light icing on mainly
elevated surface could develop early Friday morning in parts of the
Georgia and South Carolina mountains, as well as the far northern
Upstate near the North Carolina border, and the northern suburbs of
Charlotte

Dew point still falling here down from 23 to 21 now temps are also starting falling with some high cirrus clouds

Back