• Hello, we have changed the default theme for SouthernWX. If you prefer the old look, you can change it back to the "Default" at the bottom of the page in the theme selector. If you have any issues or problems with the new theme, let @Shawn know with a message!
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Possible severe threat 12/16/19

GeorgiaGirl

Reaction score
Now they're talking about debris, powerlines, and a big tree down from a tornado that went through Mize on the stream.

Still looked nasty winds wise as they were pulling up to where people had to stop.

Myfrotho704_

#LLK 🕊😢💙
Reaction score
This event is the worst we’ve had since that event that produced the lee county AL tornado, handful of violent/long track tornadoes today, and still going on in Mississippi

Myfrotho704_

#LLK 🕊😢💙
Reaction score
Laurel MS supercell has definitely been a long tracked supercell with a long track tornado

PEA_RIDGE

FIREFIGHTER
Reaction score
If it stays on the current path my backyard is in the bullseye

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PEA_RIDGE

FIREFIGHTER
Reaction score
WELL HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED IN MY NECK OF WOODS IN ALABAMA. (SEE BELOW FOR REFERENCE)
YOU CAN SEE THE SUPER RES VELOCITY MAP WITH THE TIGHT CIRCULATION IN THE CITY OF BRENT IN BIBB CO ALABAMA. ACCORDING TO THE RADARSCOPE APP THE STORM WAS SET TO TRACK RIGHT OVER ME AS I INDICATED ON THE MAP BELOW (SOME REASON WHEN I HIT THE DRAW TOOL THE STORM TRACK WENT AWAY). WELL EVENTUALLY THE STORM TRACKED SE OF MY LOCATION TO THE COMMUNITY OF BRIERFIELD, TOWN OF WILTON (JUST SOUTH OF CITY OF MONTEVALLO) AND INTO THE DRY VALLEY COMMUNITY. NO INJURIES WERE REPORTED.

THERE WAS A SHELBY COUNTY DEPUTY (GOOD FRIEND OF MINE) PATROLLING THAT GENERAL AREA WHEN THE TORNADO CROSSED OVER THEY PATROL TAHOE AND SLUNG IT INTO A POWER POLE AND A DITCH -- STORY/VIDEO BELOW

https://www.wbrc.com/2019/12/17/storm-pushes-deputies-patrol-suv-off-road/

THE GOOGLE MAP BELOW IS WHERE 3 TORNADO TOUCHED DOWN

Brierfield Tornado
(Bibb County)
EF-1
90 mph
2.60 miles
300 yards

Deer Creek Road Tornado
(Bibb County)
EF-0
70 mph