• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe POSS SEVERE WEATHER STARTING 05-17-2019 and BEYOND

not much happening here(was briefly some tornado warnings earlier), but the storms in PA look real

of course after I type that a brief rope tornado is reported 10 miles to my south but literally the rest of this isn't even severe

Last edited:
Southeast of Dallas near Canton hit in 2017 by an EF4

20190529-170543.jpg

Looks like southern VA and northern NC could get some storms. Wonder if they can make it this far south. Saw this on Facebook.

See the area encircled in white? There is a 40% chance that a severe t-storm watch will be issued for this area. I'll be here watching these storms all evening. @WRALWeather

FB_IMG_1559169272664.jpg

Looks like a chance of storms around here tomorrow.

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service Raleigh NC
439 AM EDT Thu May 30 2019

Person-Granville-Vance-Warren-Halifax-Forsyth-Guilford-Alamance-Orange-Durham-Franklin-Nash-Edgecombe-Davidson-Randolph-Chatham-Wake-Stanly-Montgomery-Moore-Lee-Anson-Richmond-
439 AM EDT Thu May 30 2019

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central North Carolina.

DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Friday through Wednesday.

Strong storms are possible Friday afternoon through early evening. Wind gusts over 50 mph and large hail are possible.

I don't think I have ever seen this. SPC issued a dry thunderstorm risk for lightning that could spark fires because the ground is so dry.

1559237221853.png

Day 1 Fire Weather Outlook
NWS Storm Prediction Center Norman OK
1052 AM CDT Thu May 30 2019

Valid 301700Z - 311200Z

An isolated dry thunderstorm area has been introduced in portions of
the Carolinas for this outlook update. Models and point forecast
soundings indicate potential for relatively higher-based, isolated
thunderstorm activity atop areas of dry fuels, with possible
lightning strikes on the periphery of heavier thunderstorm cores.
Although moisture content is relatively high for the typical
isolated dry thunderstorm scenario, any heavy rain should be brief
as storms will migrate northeastward around 30-35 knots given
enhanced flow aloft. Wind gusts near storms may also complicate any
ongoing fire suppression efforts.

If/what cells get going tomorrow have a decent environment for hail and wind. Might have a little bit of loose organization to the storms as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We've had some small storms fire today and they were quite windy for such small storms.

No wonder, that’s helluva lot of DCAPE, not often you see values that high View attachment 19939

Yeah my 3yr old was super excited to get his first downburst!! A damage report has popped up a few miles down the road in Farmville,nc. We have no cable or internet and it happened during the storm. Reports of lines down so I'm having to eat up data. Had some sweet structure as it interacted with the seabreeze.

Attachments

• 20190530_200738.jpg
    20190530_200738.jpg
    839.8 KB · Views: 26
Yeah my 3yr old was super excited to get his first downburst!! A damage report has popped up a few miles down the road in Farmville,nc. We have no cable or internet and it happened during the storm. Reports of lines down so I'm having to eat up data. Had some sweet structure as it interacted with the seabreeze.

Nice picture man !!! Profiles were so marginal but the sea breeze is something else and can really alter things, and oh yeah, tommorow looks similar, just more forcing and more CAPE with higher DPs and colder air aloft, bet there’s going to be noiccceeee structure tommorow, I don’t see why storms wouldn’t acquire weak mid level rotation/mesos, deep layer shear is supportive of it

Nice picture man !!! Profiles were so marginal but the sea breeze is something else and can really alter things, and oh yeah, tommorow looks similar, just more forcing and more CAPE with higher DPs and colder air aloft, bet there’s going to be noiccceeee structure tommorow, I don’t see why storms wouldn’t acquire weak mid level rotation/mesos, deep layer shear is supportive of it

It's a certainty tomorrow will be rough. I have tickets to see hootie and the blowfish in Raleigh.

Back