• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Poss severe threat late this week

1b7827e2dff7fcb352ec28e792e8018d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12z 3km NAM just collapses the line before BHM and is pretty much is a none event for all of AL except for NW AL and a pocket or two.

The 12z WRF-ARW shows the line staying pretty stout but has completely given up on any significant convection ahead of the QLCS.

So far the 3km NAM is nailing the ragged appearance of the line.

I'm going to stick with the HRRR in my opinion it's best for the hours before the storm , again this is my personal opinion

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

12z 3km NAM just collapses the line before BHM and is pretty much is a none event for all of AL except for NW AL and a pocket or two.

The 12z WRF-ARW shows the line staying pretty stout but has completely given up on any significant convection ahead of the QLCS.

So far the 3km NAM is nailing the ragged appearance of the line.

Models have a had time in the disapation phase before redevelopment. Lot of math.

I'm going to stick with the HRRR in my opinion it's best for the hours before the storm , again this is my personal opinion

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I would take a blend of the WRFs, ARW and NMMB. The ARW is always too hot and the NMMB is negative Nancy. In between in a good way to go IMO.

Unless this changes drastically, the chance of a statewide significant event is low. This is current Low level lapse rates.

Attachments

• lllr.gif
    lllr.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 56
Dry line clearly visible on latest satilite data. As this moves east you can give a sigh of relief. For those in Alabama. It does not look good.

IMGv_0.jpg

Hrrr suggests some rouge rotating storm may possibly form in south alabama ahead of the line Screenshot_20200111-100009_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20200111-100019_Samsung Internet.jpg

Slowly but surely this supercell in south alabama is slowly organzing itself some, still broad rotation though. A storm southwest of it is trying to organize as wellScreenshot_20200111-102305_RadarScope.jpgScreenshot_20200111-102258_RadarScope.jpg

Tornado warning on state line. Spann also has his suspenders on so its time to get a little worried ?20200111_105743.jpg9Screenshot_20200111-105639_RadarScope.jpg

Back