• Hello, we have changed the default theme for SouthernWX. If you prefer the old look, you can change it back to the "Default" at the bottom of the page in the theme selector. If you have any issues or problems with the new theme, let @Shawn know with a message!
  • Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Poss severe threat late this week

crecre9

Supporter
Reaction score
Dewpoint got up to 67 in Huntsville and while the winds were impressive it otherwise wasn't too bad up here. I also recorded the highest wind gust at my house in five years.

Arcc

Supporter
Reaction score
I give myself a B+. I underestimated the overall coverage of the wind and I was seriously believing there would be an elevated tornado threat in SE AL. All in good fun. That is the first event I've followed from start to finish in years.

I'll use it as a crutch when I absolutely bomb the next one.

malak05

Reaction score
Parents out of Power in Cedartown Ga pretty hefty gusts in area sure knocked a few wear trees etc down in area

CLTwx

Mo' severe da betta!
Reaction score
Pretty wet here at Pisgah/ mount Mitchell. Dew points have jumped big time. Winds howling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaikkeb

Reaction score
Pretty good lightning, some wind and some rain but I'm still waiting for the main part to come through, its taking its time coming across Gwinnett Co.

Myfrotho704_

#LLK 🕊😢💙
Reaction score
I give myself a B+. I underestimated the overall coverage of the wind and I was seriously believing there would be an elevated tornado threat in SE AL. All in good fun. That is the first event I've followed from start to finish in years.

I'll use it as a crutch when I absolutely bomb the next one.
I know you didn’t even ask lol, but I Give myself a C+, kinda fell into the HRRRs trap of supercells firing out ahead of the line, even if it did have support, hrrr is very known to do that, overall unidirectional flow nearly to the SFC and flow parallel to system made this more of a wind event

Arcc

Supporter
Reaction score
I know you didn’t even ask lol, but I Give myself a C+, kinda fell into the HRRRs trap of supercells firing out ahead of the line, even if it did have support, hrrr is very known to do that, overall unidirectional flow nearly to the SFC and flow parallel to system made this more of a wind event
Hey at least you had a good idea that had a little support. I bombed the event last spring bad. I paid for it too with a nice supercell that dropped a tornado a mile from my house. I won't ever forget that day, almost tied with April 27 as far as discrete supercell go. Just produced weak tornadoes thank goodness.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
Going to need some warnings East of Asheville NC. Looks like line strengthened East of the city.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
NC gonna be surprised imo. Not often does a line survive the mtns, after dark, in middle of January, and restrengthen.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
Many trees coming down across western NC. Brace for impact Wilkesboro, Hickory, Statesville and Winston-Salem. Huge wind.

Bama1980

Reaction score
This is my house in the background with a funnel cloud. This is near Union Grove about a mile or so from Brindlee Mtn Primary that has severe damage. Several friends in North Arab have damage too. Screenshot_20200111-143749_Facebook.jpg