• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can a far right conservative (we have plenty) please answer this:

Why can’t you admit the president has done or said something wrong? Why can’t you disagree with him?

When I vote for someone, I expect them to live up to my own standards as it’s a representation of what I believe in. If they say or do something that gets immense scrutiny, that I also disagree with, I have no problem saying so.

Why is it that conservatives take such an issue to doing the same? I know I’m generalizing here but please give me a reason not to generalize, I do so because I haven’t seen it happen.

I voted for Bush, and believe me, I had plenty of times where I was like wtf??? But still, I supported him.

I voted Obama and I had plenty of times where I was like yeah, this ACA thing is kinda screwed and beyond perfect. I didn’t blindly keep championing every single policy.

With that said, regarding Trump disinfectant:
-I’ve seen people say he meant “something else”

-I’ve seen people say he was kidding or being sarcastic (his same excuse)

-I’ve seen the same people say after that, that the president was talking about very specific lung treatments (like surfactants) and radiation treatment that does exist (cancer etc), and that he was speaking in “general terms”

-I’ve seen people say he was talking about sanitizing the hands and going outside to get sunlight, and he meant it being “absorbed” in the body.

Now we KNOW that can’t be all true. So I wonder if a conservative can quote this post in the political thread and say yeah, he’s full of poop. Anyone?
Sure Jon he was fos on what he said. I have said in many posts said he lacks but he has results with economy. I also believe both parties are FOS but he’s still better than Hillary or Biden. These next 4 years better be someone with business knowledge. Not a typical liberal Democrat thinking higher taxes will work.

Reactions: Jon
It’s not my opinion. Your post was moved here because it was politically motivated. The discussion in the Covid thread was about him making statements during a Covid press conference, therefore, it’s on topic.

How is it spinning? You see nothing wrong what him mentioning injecting disinfectant? I see news placing words like Lysol or bleach in articles and yeah that’s probably disingenuous to some degree, but I’m not sure how you can 100% agree with what he said. It blows my mind, and we are the sheeple?
As far as sheeple. Most Trumpsters lol have not injected bleach into themselves. If they do then they would do what any leader would tell them. If they were radical Muslims we know what they are taught.

Sure Jon he was fos on what he said. I have said in many posts said he lacks but he has results with economy. I also believe both parties are FOS but he’s still better than Hillary or Biden. These next 4 years better be someone with business knowledge. Not a typical liberal Democrat thinking higher taxes will work.

Is the economy worth a degradation of our constitution? What are you willing to sacrafice for a good economy? How much bad has to be done before that outweighs the economy?

Can a far right conservative (we have plenty) please answer this:

Why can’t you admit the president has done or said something wrong? Why can’t you disagree with him?

When I vote for someone, I expect them to live up to my own standards as it’s a representation of what I believe in. If they say or do something that gets immense scrutiny, that I also disagree with, I have no problem saying so.

Why is it that conservatives take such an issue to doing the same? I know I’m generalizing here but please give me a reason not to generalize, I do so because I haven’t seen it happen.

I voted for Bush, and believe me, I had plenty of times where I was like wtf??? But still, I supported him.

I voted Obama and I had plenty of times where I was like yeah, this ACA thing is kinda screwed and beyond perfect. I didn’t blindly keep championing every single policy.

With that said, regarding Trump disinfectant:
-I’ve seen people say he meant “something else”

-I’ve seen people say he was kidding or being sarcastic (his same excuse)

-I’ve seen the same people say after that, that the president was talking about very specific lung treatments (like surfactants) and radiation treatment that does exist (cancer etc), and that he was speaking in “general terms”

-I’ve seen people say he was talking about sanitizing the hands and going outside to get sunlight, and he meant it being “absorbed” in the body.

Now we KNOW that can’t be all true. So I wonder if a conservative can quote this post in the political thread and say yeah, he’s full of poop. Anyone?

Great post! I’d extend this to the liberal side, too. Tribalistic type biases. It is the thing about political debates that I hate the most. More open mindedness would be quite refreshing. For example, I’m not a Trump fan at all, but I gave him kudos for criticizing Gov Kemp for reopening those nonessential businesses too soon. It isn’t that hard to be a little open minded, is it?
Instead, many on each side are so scared to criticize their own as if they’re perfect!

It’s not my opinion. Your post was moved here because it was politically motivated. The discussion in the Covid thread was about him making statements during a Covid press conference, therefore, it’s on topic.

How is it spinning? You see nothing wrong what him mentioning injecting disinfectant? I see news placing words like Lysol or bleach in articles and yeah that’s probably disingenuous to some degree, but I’m not sure how you can 100% agree with what he said. It blows my mind, and we are the sheeple?

Here's my previous post on the subject in case you missed it:

What Trump said:

“And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute, one minute and is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning..."

What the haters and biased media heard:

"Go inject yourself now"

smh...

Big friggin' deal; he asked a question and didn't say it the right way, note he asked a question and didn't make a statement.

It is a big deal how it was spun...

Watch the entire briefing to get full context of when he asked and in response to what. Now to me that's what true critical thinkers do and it's definitely not what the biased media does and when they write or say something it's parroted ad nauseam on here by some people..

Here's my previous post on the subject in case you missed it:

Big friggin' deal; he asked a question and didn't say it the right way, note he asked a question and didn't make a statement.

It is a big deal how it was spun...

Watch the entire briefing to get full context of when he asked and in response to what. Now to me that's what true critical thinkers do and it's definitely not what the biased media does and when they write or say something it's parroted ad nauseam on here by some people..
Why would he even ask such a question in the first place? Rambling on about weird things like that is what screws him over. He should be clear and concise and stay on topic. He rambles far too much and it creates stupid things like this that make him look like a clown. His words have consequences and it's time he and his supporters realize that.

Why would he even ask such a question in the first place? Rambling on about weird things like that is what screws him over. He should be clear and concise and stay on topic. He rambles far too much and it creates stupid things like this that make him look like a clown. His words have consequences and it's time he and his supporters realize that.

Take it however you want, for me actions speak way louder than words and I'll take Trump, his policies, and even some of his "cringeworthymoments" over anybody the left can put up..

The party of Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Biden, AOC, "PlannedParenthood/killers", etc. has absolutely nothing for me..

This post should be framed, Trump is his own worst enemy, his maniacal ego and desire to be the smartest guy in the room makes him go off on these tangents that in his mind sound well thought out but come out as these weird rants that end up sounding ridiculous to everyone but Trump. I bet anything Trump heard his team talking about some narrow specific treatments that use UV and disinfectants in some fashion and then decided to go off the cuff and looked like a fool.

This is why Trump is dangerous, I just wish there was a real option out there for me to go with other than Biden....I really cant see a way I can vote for Biden, though if Trump keeps it up I might have to really hold my nose and vote for the good of the country even if that means having to deal with the libs in charge for 4 yrs.....again we desperately need a strong 3rd party made up of moderate voters from both the sides of the center...

Is the economy worth a degradation of our constitution? What are you willing to sacrafice for a good economy? How much bad has to be done before that outweighs the economy?
Degradation of the constitution. How has he done that? I was willing to sacrifice till end of April for the economy. Now we see that hospitals are not over running and a lot of people have already been exposed to this virus and most are recovering then we need to open the economy up. I’m not saying go have parties and hug everyone. You do realize that social security is running dangerously low and if states start filing bankruptcy. Then all those pensions are out the window and then it’s going to get even uglier. Also you do realize higher taxes and hyperinflation are also coming. The longer this goes on the higher each will be. It’s a difficult situation for ALL of us. I have said and others have said. The time would come when we would have to make a choice as a nation. Sacrifice some lives for the future of America. Or sacrifice the future for those lives. Any death is sad but when I say sacrifice the future I mean by going into a depression that suffering and hurt and pain will be much greater and longer than this virus could ever cause. Yes America will come back but at what cost. How many years? A possible world war to help it come back? History repeats itself. That we all know.

Great post! I’d extend this to the liberal side, too. Tribalistic type biases. It is the thing about political debates that I hate the most. More open mindedness would be quite refreshing. For example, I’m not a Trump fan at all, but I gave him kudos for criticizing Gov Kemp for reopening those nonessential businesses too soon. It isn’t that hard to be a little open minded, is it?
Instead, many on each side are so scared to criticize their own as if they’re perfect!
Trust me he drives me insane with his twitter and stupid remarks. If he would shut up and just run the economy would be awesome. Sometimes I wonder if a president should only get 4 years. It’s better than having a lame duck but knowing we have Biden as the other choice. I realize we are screwed either way. The old lesser of two evils.

Trust me he drives me insane with his twitter and stupid remarks. If he would shut up and just run the economy would be awesome. Sometimes I wonder if a president should only get 4 years. It’s better than having a lame duck but knowing we have Biden as the other choice. I realize we are screwed either way. The old lesser of two evils.

What?

Degradation of the constitution. How has he done that? I was willing to sacrifice till end of April for the economy. Now we see that hospitals are not over running and a lot of people have already been exposed to this virus and most are recovering then we need to open the economy up. I’m not saying go have parties and hug everyone. You do realize that social security is running dangerously low and if states start filing bankruptcy. Then all those pensions are out the window and then it’s going to get even uglier. Also you do realize higher taxes and hyperinflation are also coming. The longer this goes on the higher each will be. It’s a difficult situation for ALL of us. I have said and others have said. The time would come when we would have to make a choice as a nation. Sacrifice some lives for the future of America. Or sacrifice the future for those lives. Any death is sad but when I say sacrifice the future I mean by going into a depression that suffering and hurt and pain will be much greater and longer than this virus could ever cause. Yes America will come back but at what cost. How many years? A possible world war to help it come back? History repeats itself. That we all know.

Yea I have no response to this post that's worth me typing

Yes. Being president in today’s times are so trying and hard on anyone. Look at how much each one ages just in 4 years. You are not going to make some happy. All the bs that they face these days. The division in America is great thank has ever been. It’s only going to get worse. With either Trump or Biden the next 4 years is going to be hell for one side or the other. If Biden wins liberties will be in jeopardy. He will crush the middle class and make our nation a have and have nots. He won’t even make it 2 years before his vp takes over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Being president in today’s times are so trying and hard on anyone. Look at how much each one ages just in 4 years. You are not going to make some happy. All the bs that they face these days. The division in America is great thank has ever been. It’s only going to get worse. With either Trump or Biden the next 4 years is going to be hell for one side or the other. If Biden wins liberties will be in jeopardy. He will crush the middle class and make our nation a have and have nots. He i he won’t even make it 2 years before his vp takes over.

So you mean they shouldnt be 4 year terms but 2 year terms based on stress and hardness of the job?

So you mean they shouldnt be 4 year terms but 2 year terms based on stress and hardness of the job?
4 years max yes. I know will never happen. Just like term limits for all of politicians. Maybe stagger the terms on higher they go. Like mayors 4 terms. Governor 3 terms. House and senate 2 terms. President 1 term.

Ok. I thought at first you were implying they could serve more than 4 without reelection.

It is a stressful job. Both W and Obama aged a lot over their years.
No no lol. All good. I just want the politicians to have to work some of their lives instead of living off the tax payers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back