• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with as much crap as I've given Trump in the Coronavirus thread, I still yet to see any reason to vote for anyone in the democratic party over him in the upcoming election, that debate was an utter ? show. I personally thought Bernie would make me reconsider or at least think about it, but his comments on dictatorships and especially Fidel Castro are a huge turn off

What is it about his comments on castro that rub you the wrong way? You do realize that the education program he ran was successful- that’s just a fact. Obama also on the record saying the same things Bernie has. Sanders very explicitly rejected the authoritarian way of ruling Castro enabled. By this logic, no one should ever compliment any good thing the US has done because of our years and years of slavery and letting off fire hoses on black people. Let’s get a grip.

He's already got supposedly an MD in his cabinet... Dr. Ben Carson. Wouldn't it have made more sense to make him the Corona Czar instead of Pence?
I don't understand the big deal about this. I've heard Pence did some great medical stuff in his state and others were happy including the Health man (can't think of his name right off nor his title LOL, he was at the conference). What's the angle? Ben is great but has his hands full too I'm sure..Does it really matter. Before, he was not doing anything, now it's not right.?

What is it about his comments on castro that rub you the wrong way? You do realize that the education program he ran was successful- that’s just a fact. Obama also on the record saying the same things Bernie has. Sanders very explicitly rejected the authoritarian way of ruling Castro enabled. By this logic, no one should ever compliment any good thing the US has done because of our years and years of slavery and letting off fire hoses on black people. Let’s get a grip.

By your logic, Adolf Hitler's actions arguably left several-tens millions of innocent people dead in/around Europe, but he dramatically improved the economy of Nazi Germany in the 1930s, therefore he automatically deserves even a morsel of our praises. Get out of here with this crap.

By your logic, Adolf Hitler's actions arguably left several-tens millions of innocent people dead in/around Europe, but he dramatically improved the economy of Nazi Germany in the 1930s, therefore he automatically deserves even a morsel of our praises. Get out of here with this crap.

Ok so tell obama to get out of here w this crap bc he said nothing different than what sanders said. We’re pretty bad with selective outrage here in America. Praising a system that made 99% of its people literate is a good cause to give credit to. And again, he rejected authoritarian rule. Would you be upset if someone kept bringing up the civil rights movement and the unfair treatment of African Americans when praising something good Jfk did? Be honest with yourself.

Ok so tell obama to get out of here w this crap bc he said nothing different than what sanders said. We’re pretty bad with selective outrage here in America. Praising a system that made 99% of its people literate is a good cause to give credit to. And again, he rejected authoritarian rule. Would you be upset if someone kept bringing up the civil rights movement and the unfair treatment of African Americans when praising something good Jfk did? Be honest with yourself.

Here’s a good video explaining the non controversy this Sanders/Cuba thing is:

Castro implements a program teaching kids to read (what an awesome guy). The reward is IF you make it to America on the flotilla of tires and old tin roofs stitched together you will be able to grab a newspaper and read the want ads when/if here in the capitalist land of freedom! That's the height of Castro's success in oppressing his citizens but hell lets give him a standing ovation. Its more than Bernie Sanders has ever done in his life

Here’s a good video explaining the non controversy this Sanders/Cuba thing is:

The intercept isn't exactly a reliable source of information and is heavily biased towards sensational stories, purposely going against the grain on basically everything and is progressive left leaning. Yawn

Uhh no, Sanders is on an entirely different planet when it comes to praising dictatorships vs Obama & Sanders has been doing this for decades, so don't even try it.

"Would you be upset if someone kept bringing up the civil rights movement and the unfair treatment of African Americans when praising something good Jfk did?"

The Civil Rights Movement in America and what Fidel Castro did in Cuba are two entirely different matters, your feeble attempt to put the two in the same relative context here is a complete joke. Fidel Castro silenced ALL political, social, AND economic freedoms in Cuba for basically EVERYONE not just a subset of the population. But ohhhh wait Castro instituted a system to make most people in his country literate. WOW! That alone automatically means we should sing his praises til the cows come home and give him a massive round of applause. Give me a break.

The intercept isn't exactly a reliable source of information and is heavily biased towards sensational stories, purposely going against the grain on basically everything and is progressive left leaning. Yawn

Regardless of your opinion on the medium, everything stated in that video is factually sound.

Attachments

• A7F09507-8868-459D-92BF-E9548BD127BF.jpeg
    A7F09507-8868-459D-92BF-E9548BD127BF.jpeg
    41.9 KB · Views: 9
Uhh no, Sanders is on an entirely different planet when it comes to praising dictatorships vs Obama & Sanders has been doing this for decades, so don't even try it.

"Would you be upset if someone kept bringing up the civil rights movement and the unfair treatment of African Americans when praising something good Jfk did?"

The Civil Rights Movement in America and what Fidel Castro did in Cuba are two entirely different matters, your feeble attempt to put the two in the same relative context here is a complete joke. Fidel Castro silenced ALL political, social, AND economic freedoms in Cuba for basically EVERYONE not just a subset of the population. But ohhhh wait Castro instituted a system to make most people in his country literate. WOW! That alone automatically means we should sing his praises til the cows come home and give him a massive round of applause. Give me a break.

If they’re on an entirely different planet when it comes to this matter I challenge you to show me where.

And no actually, you can most definitely attribute the same rhetoric when it comes to oppression. The point is, no one is praising Castro to the extent you believe. And if not being friends with dictators or praising things they’ve done/said is the line we refuse to cross, we’ve already crossed it.

If they’re on an entirely different planet when it comes to this matter I challenge you to show me where.

And no actually, you can most definitely attribute the same rhetoric when it comes to oppression. The point is, no one is praising Castro to the extent you believe. And if not being friends with dictators or praising things they’ve done/said is the line we refuse to cross, we’ve already crossed it.

Bernie has praised Fidel Castro, Daniel Ortega (Nicaragua (1990s)), Hugo Chavez, the Soviet Union, kind of funny how all of these are dictatorships or communist regimes, surely that wouldn't be a coincidence.

Praising Castro at all is really just lol and an attempt by Bernie to draw attention to himself.
Ok point out what’s false lol

At least you don't deny it's biased. Uhhh it's called spin. Try again

Spin: "a particular bias, interpretation, or point of view, intended to create a favorable (or sometimes, unfavorable) impression when presented to the public."

Look... Sanders has sung praises of Castro. Trump has sung praises and buddied up with Kim Jong-un. Both have imprisoned, tortured, murdered people who sought freedom. Why do those on the Repub/Right condemn one but praise the other?

Last edited:
Look... Sanders has sung praises of Castro. Trump has sung praises and buddied up with Kim Jong-un. Both have imprisoned, tortured, murdered people who sought freedom. Why does those on the Repub/Right condemn one but praise the other?

Now that it is put this way (and I'm no lefty and would never vote for Sanders), I think ghost1 has a valid point worthy of discussion. Hypocrisy is my biggest pet peeve. That's what I abhor about political discussions. Everything is about the tribe a lot of folks are members of (this excludes those who are open-minded). Hypocrisy be damned. Is Castro any worse than Kim in this regard? I'm, sure there will be excuses to allow for the hypocrisy. We're probably wasting our time.

Last edited:

Cant stand The Intercept. Matthew Cole poking his nose in SEAL business where it dont belong.....

Yep; literacy is awesome.

Of course Sanders and folks trying to justify his words won't talk about the entire program; just hey; people can read, the country is literate.

But what are they actually reading or even able to read??

View attachment 36530
Words of wisdom from out POTUS

surprised pelosi, nadler, and schiff haven't tried this way since their 1st attempt was an abject failure. At least there's a shred of proof for this one..

Oh, but wait. Being a blowhard and talking too much/making dumb statements isn't an impeachable offense; otherwise if by some horrible accident one of the democratic candidates became president they'd be immediately impeached..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back