• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Political Free Zone (No Exceptions)

If you look west of Pittsboro there is still some affordable property but everything east of town is ridiculous
Chatham park is the most disgusting development to grace this earth. They are taking 7000 acres of what looks like based off google maps the largest tract of forested land in the piedmont that isn’t protected . All to build an entirely new city . Screw that , rdu is sprawling too much ! From its eastern end to its western end is like 60+ miles that’s is freaking absurd .

Chatham park is the most disgusting development to grace this earth. They are taking 7000 acres of what looks like based off google maps the largest tract of forested land in the piedmont that isn’t protected . All to build an entirely new city . Screw that , rdu is sprawling too much ! From its eastern end to its western end is like 60+ miles that’s is freaking absurd .
It only gets worse. Atlanta is 2 hours in diameter in some spots and still growing.

It only gets worse. Atlanta is 2 hours in diameter in some spots and still growing.
Atlanta and DC are beyond horrendous, Atlanta has pretty much sprawled all the way to Athens on its eastern end! There is no such thing as North/Middle GA apart from the most northern fringes of GA! It is all Atlanta.

That’s why I moved north. It’s was getting crowded. Traffic at all times.

Even Hoschton is starting to grow fairly large. With all the new warehouses along 85 in Braselton, it's only a matter of time before Buford extends there from the west, Winder from the south, and L'ville/Dacula from the SW.

I'm slowly watching Forsyth become a part of Atlanta. The southern half of the county pretty much already is, and it's creeping towards me. Time to move up to Dahlonega or even Blairsville.

Atlanta and DC are beyond horrendous, Atlanta has pretty much sprawled all the way to Athens on its eastern end! There is no such thing as North/Middle GA apart from the most northern fringes of GA! It is all Atlanta.

I thought Rome was pretty fun while I was there but even 10 years ago, places like Calhoun (closer to I-75) were very busy on the roads. Athens isn't too bad either. Edit: If I had to guess, the deal with at least parts of NW GA is if you're closer to the interstate, you're much busier, because Rome is south of Calhoun.

Once you get past Covington on I-20, it switches very quickly as well.

Atlanta has been growing for a longer time than Raleigh and not only that, it has maintained a pace that is far greater than that of Raleighs pace in terms of raw numbers ! Atlanta adds roughly a million people to its metro every decade ! Raleigh adds like 1/10th to its metro.

I bought a new construction home Acworth/Woodstock area in 1997. $124,900. Sold it in 2005 for $165,000 When I moved to NC. I saw where it sold last year for $289,900 ! Crazy

Even Hoschton is starting to grow fairly large. With all the new warehouses along 85 in Braselton, it's only a matter of time before Buford extends there from the west, Winder from the south, and L'ville/Dacula from the SW.

I'm slowly watching Forsyth become a part of Atlanta. The southern half of the county pretty much already is, and it's creeping towards me. Time to move up to Dahlonega or even Blairsville.
Getting busy here?

Back