• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

PGA Tour 2024

His betting odds to win haven’t changed since late yesterday. They’re still second highest.

From the Scheffler press interview just now after shooting a round of 5 under 66:

“I did spend some time stretching in a jail cell. That was a first for me. That was part of my warm-up. I was just sitting there waiting, so I started going through my warmup.”

From the Scheffler press interview just now after shooting a round of 5 under 66:

“I did spend some time stretching in a jail cell. That was a first for me. That was part of my warm-up. I was just sitting there waiting, so I started going through my warmup.”
Quite the week for him. Had his first child, got arrested, and then is going to win a major. That’s got to be a first.

I could be wrong about him not winning it. It doesn't look like it hurt his game any.

Quite the week for him. Had his first child, got arrested, and then is going to win a major. That’s got to be a first.
Not sure he will win. If Schauffele plays like he has the 1st 2 rounds he will win it. But if the top 2 falter, it's probably Scheffler's tournament to lose.

It is looking increasingly likely that the cut-line will be at -1. That would mean that players like Rahm and Fitzpatrick, who are done at E, would just miss. Aberg at +1 would need eagle at 18. DJ at E would need a birdie with 3 holes to go. Fowler, done at -1, would barely make it just as he did at the Masters.

Last edited:
Not sure he will win. If Schauffele plays like he has the 1st 2 rounds he will win it. But if the top 2 falter, it's probably Scheffler's tournament to lose.

Don’t count Theegala (great putter), amongst others, out! And Koepka at -7 is lurking.

The cut-line is only 4 golfers from ending up at -2. Still not likely but a reasonable possibility. We won’t know til tomorrow as they won’t finish rd 2 today.

The cut-line is only 4 golfers from ending up at -2. Still not likely but a reasonable possibility. We won’t know til tomorrow as they won’t finish rd 2 today.
If cut line is at -2 are the people who ended at -2 cut? I bet on someone to make the cut who ended at -2

The PGA/PGATour should never hold another golf tournament in the state of KY. What a total embarrassment, common sense should have prevailed but it didn't. I imagine the Gov is on the phone right now with these clowns to release him and drop all charges.

I respect you Kylo.
However, to excoriate an entire state without all of the details is unfair to the men and women of law enforcement. Perhaps they overreacted or perhaps they didn’t. They were dealing with a vehicle fatality at that particular entrance. Let’s find out the deets before demonizing an entire state. I tend to lean toward the blue because of the difficulty of the job these days.
Law enforcement has to deal with ------ people every day. I don’t care if he was in a marked PGA car. Could have been a caddy or groundskeeper for all they know.

Anyway, let’s enjoy the Championship !! 🙂

Back