• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Pets and All Your Animals

We lost both my dogs about 4 years ago to violent deaths so I'm off the pet train right now. Those were some hard days.

I am so sorry for your tragic losses. Losing a pet is devastating. I hope you're able to recover and eventually when the time is right, be able to get another dog.

I am so sorry for your tragic losses. Losing a pet is devastating. I hope you're able to recover and eventually when the time is right, be able to get another dog.

We've explored the idea. With a rambunctious 4yr old it's off the table right now. Handling a puppy at the moment would be impossible.

i've already posted my dogs in here, but this is Leo, the leopard gecko. He stores all his body fat in his tail, looks pretty funny. He like crickets and worms
IUWXfmC.jpg

This noble and handsome fellow is Gordon, my avatar and rescue Pit Bull mix. We've had him just over three years and he is a well behaved dog and a joy to be around.

It's kind of a amusing story how we adopted Gordon. Our German Shepherd Dixie had died after fourteen years and about a month later it hit me that our house was empty without a dog around. My wife was hesitant to get another dog but after I agreed that she could pick the dog she wanted at the SPCA she was on board with the idea.

We went up there and I was thinking she was going to pick some cute little ten pound lap dog. When she went by Gordon's kennel and said "I want that one." my jaw dropped! I was surprised but we took Gordon home with us and now she has a one hundred pound lap dog. Of course, I think the world of him too!IMG_3637 (2).PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
The loss of a pet is a very traumatic thing for many people. Having to put them down is almost unbearable. I manage to block that memory out most of the time but am always feeling the loss of my best friend.
Hardest decision I've had to make still question if it was right to this day 3 years later

Hardest decision I've had to make still question if it was right to this day 3 years later
Unfortunately I have had to do it many times but every time it was a end to their suffering. Julius died in surgery but I had to pull the plug. He was the only one that wasn't ready. All my others probably lingered to long in hindsight.

Our main 4 month old Maine coon cat and his friend (no one has really heard of main coons). Largest house cat breeds there is.

Attachments

• 3604162E-EA77-4757-9769-4136E8498EA2.jpeg
    3604162E-EA77-4757-9769-4136E8498EA2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 6656DE33-010C-4D7C-B055-23623DEB4AA3.jpeg
    6656DE33-010C-4D7C-B055-23623DEB4AA3.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 3084D7E9-9612-4EAB-97B4-F2B53D0FFCC1.jpeg
    3084D7E9-9612-4EAB-97B4-F2B53D0FFCC1.jpeg
    456.2 KB · Views: 14
Back