• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Oven 2024

Nice to see you back @Myfrotho704_

and Mitch dropping the “LAWD SHE COMIN’” in early October gave me a belly laugh and some flashbacks of some good times. Let’s keep this train on the tracks for the next 4-5 months boys. If we can get a 1/1000 year Hurricane by god we can line up a 1/1000 year snowstorm. We’ve put up with a lot here lately and we are more than due.

Anyone seeing the Northern Lights? I think it's awesome to see them this far south, but then again I think it's weird because they have already been visible a couple of times here this year, and I don't ever remember them being visible in the Triangle before in my lifetime.
You are correct. It's because the magnetic field is weakening. It's not ideal.

You are correct. It's because the magnetic field is weakening. It's not ideal.
Does this mean Guam will tip over now?

AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

Yes, according to current scientific data, Earth's magnetic field is gradually weakening, with measurements showing a roughly 9% decrease in strength over the last 200 years on a global average; scientists are still studying the reasons behind this weakening, but it is considered a normal fluctuation within the Earth's magnetic field cycle.

Key points about Earth's weakening magnetic field:

• Observed decline:
    Data from satellites like ESA's Swarm mission indicate a noticeable decrease in the magnetic field strength, particularly in the South Atlantic Anomaly region.

• Potential causes:
    The weakening is likely linked to the dynamics of Earth's molten outer core, which generates the magnetic field, but the exact mechanisms are not fully understood.

• Pole reversals:
    While a weakening magnetic field can sometimes be a precursor to a magnetic pole reversal, where the north and south poles switch, scientists emphasize that this is a natural process that has occurred many times in Earth's history and doesn't necessarily indicate imminent danger.

Does this mean Guam will tip over now?

AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

Yes, according to current scientific data, Earth's magnetic field is gradually weakening, with measurements showing a roughly 9% decrease in strength over the last 200 years on a global average; scientists are still studying the reasons behind this weakening, but it is considered a normal fluctuation within the Earth's magnetic field cycle.

Key points about Earth's weakening magnetic field:

• Observed decline:
    Data from satellites like ESA's Swarm mission indicate a noticeable decrease in the magnetic field strength, particularly in the South Atlantic Anomaly region.
  • Potential causes:
    The weakening is likely linked to the dynamics of Earth's molten outer core, which generates the magnetic field, but the exact mechanisms are not fully understood.
  • Pole reversals:
    While a weakening magnetic field can sometimes be a precursor to a magnetic pole reversal, where the north and south poles switch, scientists emphasize that this is a natural process that has occurred many times in Earth's history and doesn't necessarily indicate imminent danger.
I'm sorry, I don't know all that much about Guam.

The oven is broken and I don’t expect it be fixed until April at the earliest! The last two days have been pleasant here with dewpoints in the 50s and afternoon/early evening temps mainly in the 70s. Same through the weekend! Outdoor walking season has finally returned!

We did get a cool light rain and breezes from Milton last night.

Back