• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern October Oscitance

If I start moaning and carrying on like a pissed of child on the playground, please stuff me in the 1st grade wastepaper basket ...

610temp.new.gif

814temp.new.gif

On the other hand, the preference is to wait for a Christmas present, so never mind ... :cool:

No. I missed it. What happened .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS 12z Hour 324....massive 4 contoured bowling ball ULL rolling through the SE....jesus...imagine if we had that in January. That's a big snowstorm. GFS in lalaland again.

Just your everyday 4 sigma cut-off ULL over GA near the end of October
gfs_z500aNorm_us_49.png

Only reason worth mentioning is because the pattern is generally ripe (as Masiello mentioned above) for a big storm near the eastern US around the end of the month and there's been a remarkable trough in the general vicinity of the SE US in some way, shape, or form off & on within the last several runs of the GFS around this time.

View attachment 7005

Only reason worth mentioning is because the pattern is generally ripe (as Masiello mentioned above) for a big storm near the eastern US around the end of the month and there's been a remarkable trough in the general vicinity of the SE US in some way, shape, or form off & on within the last several runs of the GFS around this time.

Yep. I have noticed that too. Looks interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 7005

Webb,
I'm rehabbing a dadgum torn rotator cuff and you post pics like that and you therefore cause me to momentarily jump and it, well ... forces me into another ice pack ... LOL ... but what else to do in the late afternoon on a (near ...we'll see) record high day but throw tons more ice on the upper right side ...
;)
Phil

Edit:
Webb, you've done it now ... NWS just says we set a record of 93º for the date ... more ice, now, please ...

Last edited:
View attachment 7005

It their a possibility it could bring a miracle to the southeast? Most likely it won’t but is their a possibility.

Last edited:
Webb,
I'm rehabbing a dadgum torn rotator cuff and you post pics like that and you therefore cause me to momentarily jump and it, well ... forces me into another ice pack ... LOL ... but what else to do in the late afternoon on a (near ...we'll see) record high day but throw tons more ice on the upper right side ...
;)
Phil

Edit:
Webb, you've done it now ... NWS just says we set a record of 93º for the date ... more ice, now, please ...
Sorry to hear, heal quick!

The long range GFS essentially looks like Nov 1 2014 version 2. We know what happened in Columbia, SC that day.
And we had snow in N GA and there was some in TN and NC as well. How I would love what happened over in Columbia to happen over here or just have more precipitation or have colder air than last time.

Back