• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern November Knock-Out

Like here's an example comparison of La Fayette and Augusta (through KCHA and what I remember with Christmas 2010, 13/14, and 14/15, but there's no major station with La Fayette so I have no choice) starting from the winter of 09/10 through 16/17:

09/10: La Fayette: January 29th, 2010, February 12th, 2010, March 2nd, 2010.
Augusta: February 12th, 2010
Overall Total: The same, 8 inches, but with Augusta it was through boom/bust.
10/11: La Fayette: December 25th, 2010, January 10th, 2011, February 9th, 2011
Augusta: December 26th, 2010, January 10th, 2011, February 9th, 2011
Overall Total: La Fayette: 13 inches Augusta: 3 inches
11/12: Warm winter, so no surprise....
La Fayette: Trace. Maybe. (this is where there may be some difference in having to use KCHA)
Augusta: Nothing.
12/13: Another warm winter, so no surprise....
La Fayette: Nothing.
Augusta: Nothing.
13/14: La Fayette: January 28th, 2014, February 12-13th, 2014
Augusta: January 28th, 2014, February 12th 2014 (but this was all ice so I almost didn't put it at all)
La Fayette: 9 inches
Augusta: 3 inches
14/15: La Fayette: February 25th, 2015 and a few other nickel and dime events in February.
Augusta: 0 events
La Fayette: 7.5 inches
Augusta: 0 inches
15/16: Warm winter, soooo...
La Fayette: T
Augusta: T
16/17: Another warm winter but this time...
La Fayette: T
Augusta: 0

This was for the most part a pretty nice stretch for winter weather but in this stretch...

La Fayette: 5.4 inches
Augusta: 2 inches

La Fayette had 6 significant snow events in this stretch. Augusta had 2 and the 2 might even be stretching it, it might be 1.

It's not even getting into previous research where I found, even in horrible winters earlier that this area did sometimes get nickel and dime snow events (I'm not talking about recent horrible winters). It's better than Augusta. The northeast side, even outside of the mountains may even have better odds because sometimes the TN Valley hurts winter weather wise in Northwest Georgia. I have looked into it but not hard.
nice post

I'll take my chances with the day 10 CMC .

All In........... said no one
About time to start Dumpster Fire December! Look for that elusive blocking pattern that's coming any day now! :(

Lord let's hope the CPC is on to something that is legal ...

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

While the 12z GFS is rolling out, I'm looking over the 0z Euro. The northern stream picks up that feature that's down in the GOM (after Thanksgiving) and brings it up off to the northeast offshore while the PV is rotating southeastern Canada filtering in that colder air. The energy that's been showing up on the models diving around the four corners towards TX, that feature has to dig, dig! It seems as if the models are trying to project a Miller A system at some point after Thanksgiving.

Just got around to looking at the 12z GFS. If I had to settle on a guess, at least in the deep south I think we're going to see widespread mid to high 50s Thanksgiving Day. Not as cold as this but quite the difference from the last couple of Thanksgivings.

12z gfs was a nice look. Euro was cold last night also

Back