• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

Gonna end up with around a half inch from that line. Ended up with some big downpours and some small wind gusts.

Meanwhile, the HRRR wants to develop another line and send it here late tonight into tomorrow morning.F53EE212-FA8A-4F1D-84C5-44C84D39765B.png

I cant beleive Im rooting for the warm wx tommorow. But we got it all set up to use it to our advantage,stay outside,spread out. 10 feet away from the old man. For once the warm wx is going to be to my advantage. Just need the rain to be out of here by lunchtime.

WWA for 7-13 tonight and tomorrow, we are at 4K’ a little above the pass. No BnBs around Stevens Pass or we would have been there tonight, heading there tomorrow on the loop.
Take some pics, post when u get back. My bucket list is to get out west someday. Want to see Yellowstone , lake Tahoe area down to Donors pass.

A WWA for 7-13 ? How much does it take to get a Warning ?

Hey Dan. 12-18” depending on where in a 12 hour period, or 18-24” range at Pass Level in a 24hr period. This was a stock Nov. front, nothing more, nothing less. Snow level heading west on 90 looked to be around 1700’, excellent views of all but the tallest peaks above a pesky deck on the leeward side of the range around Leavenworth. SR 2 back to SEA was an awesome drive, 20 is closed in places for the season so no run at the N. Cascades although we did clip it on 2 at times. 2 hit snow pack right out of Leavenworth with the Wenatchee river raging in places, temps were in the upper 30’s until we hit Stevens when it dropped to 31 under a dense fog. Much rougher up there, they do avg >470” of snow a year with a very rare maritime influenced sub article climate. Road guides start with reflective orange tape 8-10’ up with sticks 20’ in places, and 90 has LED lane markers at night in the pass, kinda looks like an airport. What I failed to capture in the video was this bad boy coming up in front of the Cat with ~4 augers, this was a dead end road with triangle frames, Yellowstone Trail, and this was there 2nd pass coming back and heading down to the 90 ramp. Also me finding a little drift action, I am standing.

View attachment 54074View attachment 54075View attachment 54076View attachment 54077View attachment 54078View attachment 54079View attachment 54080View attachment 54081View attachment 54082View attachment 54083

CAD needs to bust like it did today when it matters again. It was supposed to hit 68 but the clouds and wind kept it colder all day. They switched around a little while ago but it's too late for it to really matter.

I was colder today than I was yesterday outside in the middle of the morning with a light sweatshirt on and shorts. And I don't think it was that much colder in Atlanta yesterday during a similar time period. The dampness and no sun made it feel that way.

Is it just me or does it seem like November has been one of the foggiest months I can remember here in NC. It's super thick too. Cant tell ya how many mornings we have had fog qith visibilities down to 0.15 miles.

Is it just me or does it seem like November has been one of the foggiest months I can remember here in NC. It's super thick too. Cant tell ya how many mornings we have had fog qith visibilities down to 0.15 miles.
Same here. We’ve had a bunch of frosts ruined when the fog rolls in.

Yes and I'm kinda tired of it lol

Yes and I'm kinda tired of it lol

I woke up at 430am to go hunting but we scrubbed the trip for other reasons and when I woke at 730 it was damn near zero visibility. I'd have been a bit ticked off if I drove an hour and couldnt see twenty yards Just took these right now as it begins to lift somewhat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201129-085747_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-085747_Gallery.jpg
    762.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20201129-085742_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201129-085742_Gallery.jpg
    707.2 KB · Views: 20
Back