• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Naughty November

34 here with 31 at nearby stations. At this pt I’m convinced we report too high for lows

• Sad
Reactions: SD
34 here with 31 at nearby stations. At this pt I’m convinced we report too high for lows
There's always places that run colder during clear/calm nights. I'm not one of them. Around the RDU area, Sanford can come in with the lowest temps. Things like geography (situated in a lower elevated area surrounded by higher areas) and soil types (sandy compared to clay) seem to be key.

GFS keeps most wedge areas cloudy basically from Tuesday through Friday. Sign me up

That CAD is trending colder on the GFS, starting to get into closer territory for ice
Ice is already there given how bad the GFS is on 2m temps near the surface if any dry air exists. Sleet to cold rain. Unless we get a new cold source of air to our north it could be freezing rain onset Wilkes county northward.

CMC much colder than euro. Just need New England to get blasted to create a stronger CAD in December. I see several 1-3 snow storms there but really need a coastal to burry them. Euro is just warm and severe.

CMC much colder than euro. Just need New England to get blasted to create a stronger CAD in December. I see several 1-3 snow storms there but really need a coastal to burry them. Euro is just warm and severe.
Is CAD the only way your area gets winter weather ? Surely there are other ways other than CAD.

Is CAD the only way your area gets winter weather ? Surely there are other ways other than CAD.
CAD will somehow manifest it’s way into the picture due to the mountains being where they are. It’s one variable we know being east of the mtns. I say 90% have some type of CAD variant.

Back