• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Site News Name Suggestion

Metwannabe

Meanager and I don't care
2024 Supporter
2017-2023 Supporter
Reaction score
Without going into great detail right now, the staff here are looking for suggestions for a new name for the site. Don't panic but with the exponential growth, thanks to all of you, we have experienced over the years, our reach has expanded vastly.
If in the future we choose to rebrand to encompass all regions what would be a great name? Something weather centric, not regional and also understanding we discuss much much more than weather on this site.

So here are a few very short but strictly enforced rules: 1) 2 responses per member max with no more than 2 name suggestions per response 2) Absolutely no banter or additional comments, these will be deleted and 3) please be serious and use good professional judgement in your suggestions

All suggestions will be considered and many will be run through domain search to see if available, we may eventually use one of the suggestions or use the suggestions to help create our own.

Thank you for the great support and helping us grow this community over the years. Really looking forward to what great ideas you ladies and gents will throw our way

If your primary focus is going to remain weather, then I suggest a weather name, and let the "other" just fall into place as it's done here.

If your sights are set on nationwide (Lord have mercy this placed replaced just such a beast), then respectfully:

• USA Weather
  • CONUS Weather
... or some permutation like CONUS Wx or WxUSA etc., ....

Last edited:
Don't have a specific suggestion but try something that isn't location/geography based? Not only to futureproof for any further expansion(like let's say if non-American members were to join or if a long time member relocates out of the U.S), but to avoid comparisons to other weather forums ya know lol.

I guess there's a couple choices, different themes so to speak. Fun, easy going, or trying to be a more serious scientific weather discussion forum. "Weather rocks talk", vs "Meteorology discussion". Best is probably going to be a mix of the two.

Just out of curiosity, did we read Met's post or just the title and then start typing as fast as possible? I mean, I know it's longer than 2 sentences, but good grief. It's a serious question. Think about it and let's come up with something. Put the funny names in somewhere like Banter. Please?

If your primary focus is going to remain weather, then I suggest a weather name, and let the "other" just fall into place as it's done here.

If your sights are set on nationwide (Lord have mercy this placed replaced just such a beast), then respectfully:

• USA Weather
  • CONUS Weather
... or some permutation like CONUS Wx or WxUSA etc., ....
USAwx(or vice versa) would indicate a nationwide scope. I like that.

I like what it is now. I’m being serious.
It's great for what we are and we may never change or expand. We have just kicked around the idea of expansion as we have members move out of the region or those on the fringes peer in. We feel like the name itself boxes us into just the south so if we were to ever expand it would require a rebrand

Last edited:
It's great for what we are and we may never change or expand. We have just kicked around the idea of expansion as we have members move out of the region or those on the fringes peer in. We feel like the name itself boxes us into just the south so if we were to ever expand it would require a rebrand
I completely understand.

Reactions: SD
Back