Wintry More SE Snow ? (1/16-1/18)

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Alex City is about 25 miles south of me and their plumes mean jumped from .35 to .93. B'ham is about 50 miles to my north and they jumped from .33 to .67. Hope my area does good. Inch of fluffy snow would be nice. Alex City boom is 3.11. B'ham boom 4.35

hrrr_asnow_seus_14.png

I fear that people are going to be caught off guard and dont realize how fast the temps will drop this evening.

Thank goodness it doesn't look like snow will start early in ATL area, with the help of temperatures that are currently well above 32. So, no snowjam repeat it appears. that was my biggest concern for there.

Meanwhile, holy heck, 26 and sleet in Houston, TX. Wow! Another wintry event there!

With all that moisture out west still Texas/ La, has this storm slowed down? If so thats great.

Alex City is about 25 miles south of me and their plumes mean jumped from .35 to .93. B'ham is about 50 miles to my north and they jumped from .33 to .67. Hope my area does good. Inch of fluffy snow would be nice. Alex City boom is 3.11. B'ham boom 4.35

Its amazing that Bham has two big boom members. I think 2 inches is very possible with higher ratios.

A winter storm warning has been upgraded for Lancaster in Chesterfield County’s in South Carolina. I'm not sure what the criteria is to meet that warning. Here it's 3 inches. I really wonder if NWS Raleigh is going to upgrade to warnings or not.