• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May: gateway to everyone's favorite season

Yeah man. One screen damaged, probably some roof damage, and a yard full of leaves and twigs. We have hardiplank, but the new section of the neighborhood all has vinyl siding. It looks like a disaster zone.

Hail is so underrated when it comes to damage, why I treat severe t-storm warnings with caution similar to a tornado warning, especially after 5-27-11 hailstorm here

Hail is so underrated when it comes to damage, why I treat severe t-storm warnings with caution similar to a tornado warning, especially after 5-27-11 hailstorm here

It all is bad. Not just high winds and large hail but also ctg lightning and flooding rains. So, four risks in one in addition to tornadoes. In the SE in general over the years, it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s much more cumulative damage from the combination of these risks than from any other kind of storm. Thunderstorm related damage in general is underrated. But they are our main source of moisture in the warm months. So, we have to take the bad with the good.

The two biggest hailstorms of my life have been within the last 2ish years. A couple years ago, softball sized hail occurred literally 2-3 miles away. We had egg sized here...slightly less in size than what occurred today.

Just one more reason vinyl siding isn’t a smart choice, some insurance companies don’t cover damages unless it’s over 75% .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, at least it is better than aluminum siding.

You know the pattern sucks when you are looking at the cfs weekly for help. Kind of interested to see where next week goes with the ridge in the south and the possible -nao/ northeast trough. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of the energy from the trough get caught under the ridge and retrograde in time. That's 14 days out though so meh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You know the pattern sucks when you are looking at the cfs weekly for help. Kind of interested to see where next week goes with the ridge in the south and the possible -nao/ northeast trough. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of the energy from the trough get caught under the ridge and retrograde in time. That's 14 days out though so meh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
For some reason that sounds all too familiar... It's two weeks out, but.... etc. :rolleyes:

Snow is falling to my north-west per NWS Charlestown. AFD says nothing of significance. Already some mid to upper 30s in NC mountains. Upper 40s here at 11pm.

Big bust by the SPC, but this was unexpected, crazy day, that’s fasho

This is why it is so important to have a weather radio or app on your phone to get alerts. We were not supposed to get anything like this according to the local NWS, local TV mets, and SPC. I really think there needs to be a study or investigation into why we as re getting severe storms here more often when we are not under any kind of watch than when we are the past 9 years.

Back