• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May: gateway to everyone's favorite season

ATL ended May 2019 with an average temp of 76.4*F, crushing the previous record of 74.8*F from last year

ATL ended May 2019 with an average temp of 76.4*F, crushing the previous record of 74.8*F from last year

I was trying to find any news article that posted this, I haven't been able to find anything yet which is surprising.

I was trying to find any news article that posted this, I haven't been able to find anything yet which is surprising.

Between this heat accompanying the perfect pool/beach/boating weather (wall-to-wall sunshine), the hottest weather occurring around a holiday and heat exhaustion, everyone has probably completely overlooked it.

May ended up 2” above normal for Wilkes. I felt like it was even wetter than that tho. Wilkes was unusually wet compared to surrounding areas.

Thanks to the relentless SER: KGNV, KSAV, KCHS, KFAY, and KATL all obliterated their record warmest Mays. Even more thanks to the SER, KGNV has had 3 of its last 9 months with obliterated warmest month records: May, Feb, and Sep! That's certifiably insane and is probably enough to drive @pcbjr a bit crazy or maybe even batshoot crazy! Records go back to the late 1800s.

Last edited:
Back