• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern May Flowers

Got another .6 this morning, so I'm just a bit short of 8 inches for the last half of the month. Two tenths today will get me there, and radar has more rain headed this way. This morning's was a down pour...love those. So, now I wait to see if this wet ground will translate into lower temps going forward. I can not remember a better spring/early summer than this one. 78 now on the last day of May is unheard of, lol, though I'm sure Larry will correct me :) Cloudy and 70's is my kind of summer, and if I don't seen the sun until Nov, I'm fine with that!

This last one while I was at the grocery got me to 8 inches even in 14 days. 8.1 in 15 days. Not as good as the last two weeks in Dec two years back when I got 18 inches, but given this is a dry month on avg. I'll sure take it, lol. This beats the hell out of drought, and I'll take all I can get any time. I'm on high ground, and I have a boat :) Down to 75 now on June's door step, I'll take that every summer too!!!

I've created a website to house my winter storm archive for North Carolina, and the first 20 years of data (1895-1915) are available on this website including individual storms, seasonal means, and even decadal means! I'll expand this archive and the number of available products on a regular basis thru the present and hopefully the entire nearly 125 years worth of snow maps will be complete before next winter comes to a close! Enjoy!

Screen-Shot-2018-05-30-at-3.34.16-PM-1024x530.png

https://www.webberweather.com

Future radar shows Asheville to GSP getting plastered with massive storms this evening, from about 3-8pm window! Just what the mountains DONT need!

Does anyone know what the pattern for the se will be late next week into the weekend? Im thinking we are due a ridge with a western trough.

Wow Helen is getting drowned today again. 3 inches the last hour and over 10 the last 3 days, maybe even over a foot. Roads are being reported submerged.
FFC Has a Flash Flood Emergency for most of White County at this time. Per Media reports over 18" last 4 days.. 6-7 inches since noon today

FFC Has a Flash Flood Emergency for most of White County at this time. Per Media reports over 18" last 4 days.. 6-7 inches since noon today
Unfortunately, it looks like they are going to keep upping those numbers. Another complex is supposed to come through tomorrow as well as the following day possibly. They seem to be approaching 2 feet for the month now after today's rain. And what's crazier is that they now have had over 40 inches for the entire year, a majority this month.

Tomorrow is a nice setup for a forward propagating line of storms starting in the foothills and possibly lasting into the coastal plain by evening.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, it looks like they are going to keep upping those numbers. Another complex is supposed to come through tomorrow as well as the following day possibly. They seem to be approaching 2 feet for the month now after today's rain. And what's crazier is that they now have had over 40 inches for the entire year, a majority this month.
They're gonna be releasing water from Lanier for a month at this rate, no tubing downstream for quite some time. Hate it for the folks up North too, the Dam can't help them. Imagine the flooding downstream without the Dam..

How long do you guys see the dry pattern lasting after this weekend?

Back