• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 6-10 Severe Weather Outbreak

Today has been a bigger day for tornado numbers than I'd have expected. Been lots of confirmed tornados and lots of damage

I love weather man. 20-40% chance of rain across north Georgia and we got a tornado warned supercell now

Today has been a bigger day for tornado numbers than I'd have expected. Been lots of confirmed tornados and lots of damage
That's how it usually works out the past few years. I think yesterday was forecasted to be worse by the SPC and it seems today has been.

I'm traveling up north tomorrow, will probably stop over somewhere north of Lexington KY. Should be an interesting afternoon/evening.

Local NWS office has low confidence for today....these setups with decaying MCS crossing the Apps moving SE can be pretty good events especially if the timing is right.

They mention models suck at the evolution of ongoing MCS systems...most models have little to no action in NC this afternoon. So if it pops it's prolly gonna be rough.

Heads up to those of you in northern Madison, Yancey, and Mitchell counties. There is a severe-warned storm that is over the border in Tennessee that is slowly moving east at 30MPH. This storm has a history of producing at least 1" hail and 60 MPH wind gusts.

There is some very weak and broad rotation in this storm.

day2otlk_1730.gif

Back