• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 2021 Discussion Thread

I'm sure we will survive. Phoenix rarely gets rain and they seem to manage to survive.

Phoenix really isn't a good example, because the whole SW might see the worst drought disaster in our nation's history. But you're right. I don't buy into the idea that the Carolinas can ever really experience a terrible drought. They'll eventually get their rain.

Drought maybe a weather phenomenon but it’s not the kind most of us want to see on this board. Have you not seen how quiet it is on here? Even Brad P just posted about this being the driest spring since 2016. Maybe you like dead grass, trees, etc. But I prefer to have green grass and trees that get so under-watered that they die and fall on homes, roads etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like Flooding and people "Wishing" for ice storms. We're back to the tired old argument of "Why are you wishing for XXX weather event that might hurt someone"? No one wants anyone hurt. Some people just like weather and want to see all possibilities.

Also, you should come around more and you'd know i'm a massive thunderstorm weenie and want one every day.

That sucks
At least with that look there’s gonna be some solid dews across the area given there’s nothing in the Atlantic robbing our flow, would probably be thunderstorms but still with the hot stagnant airmass in place
We’re deciding to torch now and see what happens cold weenies

Just like Flooding and people "Wishing" for ice storms. We're back to the tired old argument of "Why are you wishing for XXX weather event that might hurt someone"? No one wants anyone hurt. Some people just like weather and want to see all possibilities.

Also, you should come around more and you'd know i'm a massive thunderstorm weenie and want one every day.

Like I said, I don't want to fight with anyone or anything. Yes, we all seem to have this type discussions at least twice a year and that's okay. This board is for conversing. We are not always going to see eye to eye on every topic.

And I am here a lot. Which is why I was surprised by what you said. I know you like your storms. We all do! Lol.

At least with that look there’s gonna be some solid dews across the area given there’s nothing in the Atlantic robbing our flow, would probably be thunderstorms but still with the hot stagnant airmass in place
We’re deciding to torch now and see what happens cold weenies
True as long as we aren't stacked aloft we have a chance. I'd just like to see something sneak in maybe a shear axis or baggy upper low. I just don't feel great about air mass storms in May

May is really a tough month for rain around here, seasonal dews aren't that high yet and the jet is often displaced well away from the region. I complain about dry a lot but it's hard to get too up or down on summer based off of mid May results it's like saying snowy cold winter bc we got a few flurries in mid November. I do think though this summer will likely tend to run a little more normal or slightly below with respect to rain totals though

Using that lickin' boy's link you can tell May has no relation to summer in regards to precipitation. Spring is usually dry. (This is for my location.)

1621283504043.png

Using that lickin' boy's link you can tell May has no relation to summer in regards to precipitation. Spring is usually dry. (This is for my location.)

View attachment 84030
It's no different than in September when the spicket gets turned off around the first week maybe the second week of September.. we go from deluge to nothing and it can still be hot.

Back