• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

May 2021 Discussion Thread

This month looks a lot like May 1989 minus the tornado outbreak. Really hoping June, July, and August are like they were that year. Highest temp that summer was 96. Most days were 84-88 or so, with some a good bit cooler with plenty of storms. Of course I guess we do not need a repeat of Sept 1989 though, especially from Charleston up to Charlotte.

One of my good friends on another forum I’m on posted this new climate search data site he made after the new normals were released ! Way better and easier than the ncei ! Type in your city and it will bring you every station in that city ! What a guy he made this ! @Myfrotho704_ tweet this out at the Mets ! @SD @Bham 99

On advanced feature you can search for climates based on the criteria you set for example every station with avg high above 50 in Jan or 30 inches of annual snowfall! Though he said if you put something silly like average high above 0 it might crash since that’s literally every station lol.15,000 different climates on here !

Last edited:
One of my good friends on another forum I’m on posted this new climate search data site he made after the new normals were released ! Way better and easier than the ncei ! Type in your city and it will bring you every station in that city ! What a guy he made this ! @Myfrotho704_ tweet this out at the Mets ! @SD @Bham 99

On advanced feature you can search for climates based on the criteria you set for example every station with avg high above 50 in Jan or 30 inches of annual snowfall! Though he said if you put something silly like average high above 0 it might crash since that’s literally every station lol.15,000 different climates on here !

That's a great site.

I use what Tim Buckley Uses. I think it's better IMO.

Wow, what a great stretch of beautiful weather we've had. It's been absolutely fantastic! Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. I hate it, but it looks as though we can't deny the heat any longer. It's going to be a looooong 4 months until we start seeing signs of good weather again, but that's reality in this part of the country. It's certainly been one of the best April/May periods I can remember.

Wow, what a great stretch of beautiful weather we've had. It's been absolutely fantastic! Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. I hate it, but it looks as though we can't deny the heat any longer. It's going to be a looooong 4 months until we start seeing signs of good weather again, but that's reality in this part of the country. It's certainly been one of the best April/May periods I can remember.
I think we'll still have one more small cool down that will give us a brief shot at decent temps for a day or two. But, any sub-85 highs without the help of clouds/rain cooled air will be very few and far between.

We got weather tho .. even severe weather ... this just brings dry and hot .. grass dead ... wasps flourish ... AC bills skyrocket ... woooo fun -_- says literally no one
He fails to realize that the drought would be a lot worse had it been hot. Also, he fails to realize the pattern he is cheering on would lead to zero thunderstorms.

Back