• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 2024 Discussion

Night 1 is a no. The hell that is KRDU bottomed out at a toasty 36. 💀 KGSO only made it down to 34, too.

Night 2 isn’t looking promising, either, but we’ll see. It should be closer, but Wake County is only under a Frost Advisory. Durham County is under a Freeze Warning, however.

We made it to 33 at KRDU last night. Close but no cigar. At this point, it looks like there’s a very decent chance 2/21 will be our last freeze of the season and we will blow through our record for the earliest freeze on record. Fitting for this hellish winter! We still technically have another month of chances, but it’s not looking great and I don’t see any shots over the next week. Our average last freeze is around the end of March / beginning of April

Around the area, GSO made it to 32, Burlington made it down to 29, and FAY made it to 34. No doubt the surrounding rural areas in the Triangle made it to 32 and maybe even where I’m at in Durham.

We made it to 33 at KRDU last night. Close but no cigar. At this point, it looks like there’s a very decent chance 2/21 will be our last freeze of the season and we will blow through our record for the earliest freeze on record. Fitting for this hellish winter! We still technically have another month of chances, but it’s not looking great and I don’t see any shots over the next week. Our average last freeze is around the end of March / beginning of April

Around the area, GSO made it to 32, Burlington made it down to 29, and FAY made it to 34. No doubt the surrounding rural areas in the Triangle made it to 32 and maybe even where I’m at in Durham.

Also pretty much guaranteed at this point that we will go through March without hitting freezing at RDU for the first time on record. For a site that starts out the month with average low of 36, that’s pretty wacky indeed. 1935 had just one freeze in Raleigh (on 3/1, no less), but we couldn’t even manage that this year.

We had a freeze last night but tonight actually has a freeze warning

This weekend is typically Tulsa's last freeze

Back