• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

March 2024 Discussion

I’ll be in Mason City IA Thursday through Sunday for work.
Hope you get to see some snow, looks like the event is trending N with the snow!
Currently 60 degrees

Only made it to 34 at RDU after a forecast low of 32. Earliest freeze on record potential still intact, but we’ll see what happens.

GSO hit 28, so they’re good, though.
Lol records being set with bogus sensor

Lol records being set with bogus sensor

That may be, but it’ll be the record if it stands, either way. I’m sure it was below freezing in the surrounding countryside.

Kinda sad we got beat by ATL for last night's low. 😢

That may be, but it’ll be the record if it stands, either way. I’m sure it was below freezing in the surrounding countryside.

Kinda sad we got beat by ATL for last night's low. 😢
It's weird though isn't it? That in a field as scientific as meteorology that "records" are based off of one data point, seems the least scientific way to me

It's weird though isn't it? That in a field as scientific as meteorology that "records" are based off of one data point, seems the least scientific way to me
You know it's getting bad when the "normally cold" location was roxboro and now it's roxboro, Oxford, lousuburg, Siler city, sanford, southern pines, asheboro. Strange how the cold locations grew right?

Yeah, it is unfortunate. Unfortunately, measuring weather is difficult and it’s difficult to overcome local climate factors, etc. No doubt, a lot of the warming in recent years has had as much to do with local factors like increasing UHI than global or even regional factors (not that both aren’t a factor).

You know it's getting bad when the "normally cold" location was roxboro and now it's roxboro, Oxford, lousuburg, Siler city, sanford, southern pines, asheboro. Strange how the cold locations grew right?

Indeed, although in last night’s case in particular it doesn’t look like Sanford, Siler City, Asheboro, or Southern Pines got below freezing, either.

Indeed, although in last night’s case in particular it doesn’t look like Sanford, Siler City, Asheboro, or Southern Pines got below freezing, either.
Sanford: 35
Asheboro: 35
Roxboro: 36
Louisburg: 41
Henderson: 32
Roanoke Rapids: 36
Rocky Mount: 38
RDU:38
Greenville: 39
Fayetteville: 38
Burlington: 34
Greensboro: 38
Southern Pines: 39
Smithfield:34
Erwin:34

RDU was warmer than surroundings but it wasn’t all that drastic . Yesterday night had no rhyme or reason seemed some places got cold others didn’t . Louisburg is interesting

Back