• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Milton

Guaranteed they will reanalyze it lower during the off season to make us wrong.

Lexx is on standby with her 110 for the possible win lol.

Seriously though, I think the 120 will stay. The lowest pressure of 954 is consistent with a midrange cat 3. And the overall impacts are seeming like a cat 3 to me. And the NHC did a great job overall.

I don’t see much of anything underwhelming about this storm vs earlier predictions in terms of winds, surge, flooding rains, and especially tornadoes. This is a very high impact storm for FL imho. And this is by a good margin the strongest storm landfall in the area in over 100 years based on pressure and winds. Great job NHC!

Last edited:
Not a nothingburger, but definitely underwhelming given the storm we had 36 hours ago. Unlikely we see confirmed winds anywhere over 100mph, and surge no more than 8-10 feet. Thankful for those spared.

Where the storm was 36 hours ago is irrelevant as never was it expected by the NHC to come in anywhere close to that. For some reason, you’re comparing it to something that was never going to happen.

Where the storm was 36 hours ago is irrelevant as never was it expected by the NHC to come in anywhere close to that. For some reason, you’re comparing it to something that was never going to happen.

Yeah tbh I'm surprised it was as in tact as it was... Some of the hurricane models were totally gutting it

I think it helped a lot landfall sped up if this had languished into tomorrow like thought it would have been even weaker

I see the winds are quite strong on the NE Florida coast. What are you expecting out your way later on as the storm exits the coast?

Back