• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Milton

First time I've ever posted the Nam and thought "hey, maybe...."

View attachment 152847
Yeah, with this EWRC starting now, it will have some time to restrengthen. Also these smaller core storms will often start deepening faster after the new eyewall has taken over. I remember Andrew going through an EWRC between the Bahamas and Florida and it’s winds dropping back to 140mph, then on reanalysis a few years later the NHC found that it had gone up to cat 5 before landfall

Yeah, with this EWRC starting now, it will have some time to restrengthen. Also these smaller core storms will often start deepening faster after the new eyewall has taken over. I remember Andrew going through an EWRC between the Bahamas and Florida and it’s winds dropping back to 140mph, then on reanalysis a few years later the NHC found that it had gone up to cat 5 before landfall

I am honestly at a loss how long it is going/went. I saw what I thought were small signs of a possible slowdown/EWC around early afternoon. But nope.
Definitely rare territory when a hurricane drops past 900mb. Nothing really to slow it down. Really warm waters in gulf.

Back