• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Laura

I’m pretty sure TWC will be moving farther inland after the updated forecast. The storm chasers better do the same with this monster unless they want to be stranded for a week or more.

Josh mergerman or whatever his name is will likely go after this surge. That guys crazy enough to do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outflow looks great on all sides. But we're not seeing the whites and pinks, in terms of cloud tops encircling the eye, as much as we were earlier. Not sure if that indicates anything right now, but it appears the uplift is not as violent, currently.

Edit: And it looks to be currently on a due west heading. I'm sure that's temporary. But it's a significant little jog, nonetheless.

Outflow looks great on all sides. But we're not seeing the whites and pinks, in terms of cloud tops encircling the eye, as much as we were earlier. Not sure if that indicates anything right now, but it appears the uplift is not as violent, currently.

Edit: And it looks to be currently on a due west heading. I'm sure that's temporary. But it's a significant little jog, nonetheless.
About an hour ago this tweet was on it too

My god.. 30 miles inland seems insane.. is this normal or partly due to the speed at which Laura is traveling?

I have personally witnessed what a 20’ storm surge can do when I was with FEMA in NY after Sandy. If you have evac orders, do it. If not, leave your info with someone who can get it to authorities after the storm passes in case you don’t survive.

d2f9b5402bcc5e502c2f8c724c3e1f4b.png

Those are some pretty big swells. A lot have went off line. Even oil rigs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About an hour ago this tweet was on it too

Crankyweatherguy should NEVER be used for anything hurricane related. He is absolutely awful. He is calling this a cat 2 and saying it is weakening while pressure is falling and the storm is continuing to improve outflow, symmetry, structure, etc. He said Michael wasn't even a hurricane at one point and said it probably was a high end 1 or low end 2 at landfall. He's an absolute joke when it comes to hurricanes... just saying.

Regarding the warming cloud tops, this is quite typical in the process of a strengthening major hurricane and during the daytime as well when the cloud tops warm slightly. This storm is still strengthening quite rapidly as evidenced by the clearing eye and continued pressure falls.

Back