• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Major Hurricane Delta

What the heck is going on with this storm?! How did we go from 4 mile eye to 20 miles wide?!

Probably similar to an ERC the tiny eye collapsed basically which is why it weakened so much the winds will spread out now most likely even if it doesn't necessarily bomb(although that can't be ruled out at all)

Looks like that weird sloppy look on IR has definitely gotten better and think by the later morning she’ll be really trying to throw that eye out for all to see .. let’s see how the next few hours treat her

Hopefully the recon that just took off can get a center fix before landfall....should make it maybe a hr to go till the center is over land...

Well, I was wrong, I actually thought the models would swing east with time...doesn't appear that way this time. Looks like the bulk of the weather will be from bama west.

Well, I was wrong, I actually thought the models would swing east with time...doesn't appear that way this time. Looks like the bulk of the weather will be from bama west.

Yeah I had my doubts yesterday we would see the east shift but the models haven't even moved more than 50 miles for the last 36 to 48 hours which is very strong consistency. With Laura they had the forecast point within a few miles for days. We may see a repeat of that accuracy here.

Yeah I had my doubts yesterday we would see the east shift but the models haven't even moved more than 50 miles for the last 36 to 48 hours which is very strong consistency. With Laura they had the forecast point within a few miles for days. We may see a repeat of that accuracy here.
Yeah there isn't a lot here to change the landfall point, the bigger adjustments would be farther inland

I know it is the NAM (3K) but look at the pressure:oops: LF is east of other models too.

Edit: looked at prior runs and it has been stupid low as far back as I can go. disregard!

Looks like Delta has been moving more NW of the models

Gonna make a difference if the hurricane gets pulled up earlier than what's modeled. That's when you will know what part of Louisiana its gonna hit. I'm betting east Louisiana

TWC is really touting weakening as it approaches land fall! I sure hope they are right! Saying the ‘ cooler’ waters near shore, will cause it to weaken

Back