• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

July Fry 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this week does not disappoint actually getting a little dry around here. Cut grass today and noticed stressing and getting a little brown in a couple of spots, remember I only got .17 with the last "big wet"
I heard....nvm not worth it.

Anyways went to the parents house in sanford today the farther west you go the drier it gets saw a lot of scorched fescue and quite a few stressed/ going dormant centipede and bermuda lawns.

I’ve seen pea size hail twice this year, Nickel sized hail, and quarter sized to ping pong ball sized hail this year. Lol

Meanwhile, I'm in a climatologically favored region for large hail and the best I've mustered up this season is a few pea-sized pieces mixed in with a torrential downpour once.

Crap july , skewed avg because of some outlier days in the 70. 19/31 days were 90 or higher which while below normal , would normally mean a high of 90 but instead we were 2 degrees below avg on highs . 1.3 below avg for mean, meanwhile somehow some way Charlotte was avg. exactly avg. I don’t buy that station one bit . I also honestly can’t remember a single month where they were more below their avg than us . Never .

-1.6 for Columbia
-1.5 for Augusta
-1.3 for Raleigh
-1.3 for Fayetteville
-1.0 for Atlanta
-.8 for Greenville
0.0 for Charlotte

I also noticed Raleigh tends to follow more so the Sandhills region in terms of anomalies month by month versus the western Piedmont of GSP/CLT/ATL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back